Posted to rec.woodworking

Default $359 miter gage

Do we need a $359 miter gage?
If so, this might be it.

I saw an article about this guy in the Popular Mechanics mag but I've
never seen the tool.

http://www.salazarsolutions.com/promiter.php

The video shows the guy setting his blade angle with it.
Pretty cool.

Oh....it tells you the temperature too.

Mike O.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike O. wrote:

Do we need a $359 miter gage?
If so, this might be it.

I saw an article about this guy in the Popular Mechanics mag but I've
never seen the tool.

http://www.salazarsolutions.com/promiter.php

The video shows the guy setting his blade angle with it.
Pretty cool.

Oh....it tells you the temperature too.

Mike O.

When you look at the photos page -- the bottom picture (the cross-cut
demo), it appears that he is about to slice into that nice mitre gage.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike O." wrote in message
Do we need a $359 miter gage?
If so, this might be it.

I saw an article about this guy in the Popular Mechanics mag but I've
never seen the tool.

http://www.salazarsolutions.com/promiter.php

The video shows the guy setting his blade angle with it.
Pretty cool.

Oh....it tells you the temperature too.

Mike O.

A precision mater gauge and the inventor uses a framing square and the blade
to calibrate a 90 degree cut. I think if he knew what he was doing he would
be using the miter slot to calibrate the gauge. The gauge really should be
calibrated to its slide path rather than a blade that may not be parallel to
the miter slot. I think I would opt for the Sears version at less than 1/4
the price.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 05:00:58 -0400, ROY! wrote:

Or you could look into the $79.99 version

Those are so much alike I had to go back and read the PM article
again. Sure enough it reads "which he recently licensed to Sears
Craftsman." I should pay more attention.

I'm glad I didn't buy one!!

Mike O.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

A precision mater gauge and the inventor uses a framing square and the blade
to calibrate a 90 degree cut. I think if he knew what he was doing he would
be using the miter slot to calibrate the gauge.

Great point.

A quarter's worth of MDF... Calibration! G

Frameless Shower Glass - to miter or not to miter Aaron Fude Home Repair 8 May 19th 08 06:47 PM
Planer gage SteveF Metalworking 3 August 13th 05 04:40 AM
F/S Delta Saw-Biesemeyr Fence/Incra Miter Gage Mike Woodworking 0 February 2nd 05 06:15 PM
New Kreg Precision Miter Gage - anyone own one ? vmtw Woodworking 25 June 7th 04 07:51 PM
Ridgid TS miter slot and Delta miter gauge? Sammy Woodworking 0 October 4th 03 01:47 PM