Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Feeler lathe..pictures after cleanup

Before cleaning...

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...51211960965714
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...31108904318594
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...31138624434402

After cleaning...

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...42637092566082
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...42669159823922

Not too shabby eh?

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

very nice job. Got pictures after cleaning, but before painting?

On 2010-05-30, Gunner Asch wrote:

Before cleaning...

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...51211960965714
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...31108904318594
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...31138624434402

After cleaning...

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...42637092566082
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...42669159823922

Not too shabby eh?

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/29/2010 10:20 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Not too shabby eh?

That sure cleaned up nice! Wish I had another 300sq/ft...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 30 May 2010 07:56:53 -0500, Ignoramus28053
wrote:

very nice job. Got pictures after cleaning, but before painting?

Painting? On a working machine? Whatever for? I simply cleaned it up.
Now either somone buys it..or I manage to wedge it into the shop
someplace, and run power to it and use it.

You really think it needs to be painted??? That girl looks better than
90% of the similar lathes in running machine shops.

Gunner

On 2010-05-30, Gunner Asch wrote:

Before cleaning...

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...51211960965714
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...31108904318594
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...31138624434402

After cleaning...

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...42637092566082
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...42669159823922

Not too shabby eh?

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 30 May 2010 08:27:02 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 5/29/2010 10:20 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Not too shabby eh?

That sure cleaned up nice! Wish I had another 300sq/ft...

Im not sure how Im going to stuff it in there...might need a big ass
crowbar...or a shoehorn....this is gonna require some thinking.

And my Abene miller will be delivered in the next couple
weeks....cringe.

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

very nice job. Got pictures after cleaning, but before painting?

Painting? On a working machine? Whatever for? I simply cleaned it up.
Now either somone buys it..or I manage to wedge it into the shop
someplace, and run power to it and use it.

You really think it needs to be painted??? That girl looks better than
90% of the similar lathes in running machine shops.

Wow, I thought that you repainted it!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

very nice job. Got pictures after cleaning, but before painting?

Painting? On a working machine? Whatever for? I simply cleaned it up.
Now either somone buys it..or I manage to wedge it into the shop
someplace, and run power to it and use it.

You really think it needs to be painted??? That girl looks better than
90% of the similar lathes in running machine shops.

Wow, I thought that you repainted it!

Blink blink....when I repaint something...I do a fair job of it. That
has way to many worn parts on the paint.

Here are a before and after....
Befo
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...39962582410306

after
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...82040241568914

Befo
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...02989691966306

After...
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...72383657712946
But not trimmed out yet..

Another one...

Befo
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...70291520433394

After:
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...66694909049426

The last one..the Gorton...Just kidding. The before picture is of a
second Gorton that Ive just snagged G and it will be here in a couple
weeks. But the after picture will be what it looks like when Im done
with it. It originally looked worse. Shrug. (Brown & Sharp #9
spindle..I think)

I actually really really hate painting and cleaning up,
but..shrug..sometimes ya just gotta do it.

Things I hate:

Liberals/Leftwingers
#2 shovels
Painting
Rust removal of machinery
Seafood.

Things I love:

Fine guns
Easy women
A warm place to ****

But thanks just the same!

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 30, 2:20*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
Before cleaning...

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...31138624434402

After cleaning...

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...42669159823922

Not too shabby eh?

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." *Grey Ghost

Looks good.... The only question is, what to do with a second op
machine?

Regards,

Robin
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 31 May 2010 17:09:36 -0700 (PDT), "Robin S."
wrote:

On May 30, 2:20*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
Before cleaning...

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...31138624434402

After cleaning...

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...42669159823922

Not too shabby eh?

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." *Grey Ghost

Looks good.... The only question is, what to do with a second op
machine?

Regards,

Robin

With luck..sell it to someone who makes the same parts, over and over
and over again.

Thats what they are largely used for.

Gunner