Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lathe cleanup pix

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Clau...he/03-Cleanup/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus27518 wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Clau...he/03-Cleanup/

My poor lathe has been painted a time or two too many. Did you have an accident with the
speed and feed table, sorta looks like a wire brush got away from you.

The little brother to this lathe is a current thread on HSM. Very clean.

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=39269

Btw, did you get your belt(s) yet? What does the drive sound like?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-01-23, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus27518 wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Clau...he/03-Cleanup/

My poor lathe has been painted a time or two too many.

That's why I am removing all paint that I can get to.

Did you have an accident with the speed and feed table, sorta looks
like a wire brush got away from you.

It was not me. The clutch handle was somewhat incorrectly located and
bumped into the speed and feed table too many times. I have adjusted
its position and it no longer does so, but the feed table is damaged. If
Clausing has a replacement and it is inexpensive, I will replace it.

The little brother to this lathe is a current thread on HSM. Very clean.

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=39269

Looks very nice. I am envious of the looks. Since this lathe looks
like it is a good one, and I hope to keep it for a long time, I want
mine to look good as well. I am cleaning it everywhere , stripping off
old paint etc, and will paint it when it is fully stripped.

Btw, did you get your belt(s) yet? What does the drive sound like?

I did, but I did not install them yet. I was busy fixing the Clausing
drill press, I want to get rid of it as soon as possible to free up space.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:01:20 -0600, Ignoramus27518
wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Clau...he/03-Cleanup/

Umm.. Why are you doing this with the lathe still assembled?

regards
Mark Rand
RTFM