Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Semiautomatic lathe, Russian lathe pictures

I was browsing some Russian websites.

This is the lathe on which I learned some basics of turning 22 years
ago. It is called 16k20.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/16k20-Lathe.jpg

(20x40 inches, 15 HP, weighs 3 metric tons)

And this is its more modern analog, which is a version with a very
interesting feature.

http://tinyurl.com/y9kx237

It has a semiautomatic control system in front, whereby the operator
can specify the turning process. It is still the job of the operator
to change cutting tools, insert work pieces etc.

I thought that it is a very neat way for someone to use a lathe that
takes a lot of human error out of the process.

The modern non-automatic analog of 16k20 is he

http://tinyurl.com/y8pslnw

(20x40, 10/15 HP motor, 16-2000 RPM, 3 ton weight)

The vertical drill on the carriage is optional.

This lathe costs about $30,000 USD.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 30, 9:51*am, Ignoramus10756 ignoramus10...@NOSPAM.
10756.invalid wrote:
And this is its more modern analog, which is a version with a very
interesting feature.

* *http://tinyurl.com/y9kx237

Click the upper right text block that starts with AH (=ANGL) to see it
in English.

jsw