Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Best way to store/hold/rack TIG wire?

Gunner Asch wrote:

Now thats neat as hell..but how do you label the various alloys and
whatnot?

Btw...I have the same welder out on loan at the moment. Is yours a
SquareWave verson? I couldnt make out the lable. Ive used it and its
very nice. My main shop welder is the big Airco 300 Squarewave

Gunner

If they are PVC the easy way would be to grab one of the cheap wood
burning kits. Then a set of the number heads they make for them. Let the
thing heat up and emboss the number in the cover and tube. Let it cool
and fill the embossed groove with nail polish. You could even pick
colors to match the alloy/material in the tube to make it a bit faster.
IE: white for aluminum, black for steel, yellow for brass, silver for
stainless and so on.
The print out a chart with the numbers, alloy, amount. Use a laser
printer if possible as that print holds up better than an ink jet.
Slide the chart into a sheet protector and have fun.

--
Steve W.
(\___/)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 29 May 2010 23:29:15 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

I like it!!

Gunner