Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Best way to store/hold/rack TIG wire?

On Fri, 28 May 2010 00:52:44 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

SNIP the story from "Nice-To-Hear-From-Him-Once-In-A-While"Ernie

Humm..if I make it out of 3/4" ply..make it 6 sided..

SNIP

Gunner

Hey Gunner,

WHAT!?!?! WOOD!!!! In a welding area/shop!?!? Almost as bad as rags
and fuel!!!

I don't store what you want to, so I can't quite grasp it (doesn't
matter anyway), but I store a 20-odd bunch of hammers kinda like Tom
suggested. In a cage vertically. My stinger rods are in containers
with the size and type written on the ends of the container. I don't
do enough of it to matter that I have to "move" a few to get at what I
want.

BUT NO WOOD PLEASE!!!!!

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

SNIP the story from "Nice-To-Hear-From-Him-Once-In-A-While"Ernie

Humm..if I make it out of 3/4" ply..make it 6 sided..

SNIP

Gunner

Hey Gunner,

WHAT!?!?! WOOD!!!! In a welding area/shop!?!? Almost as bad as rags
and fuel!!!

Only if I play a torch on it..or cover it in oily rags and spay sparks
over it.

I don't store what you want to, so I can't quite grasp it (doesn't
matter anyway), but I store a 20-odd bunch of hammers kinda like Tom
suggested. In a cage vertically. My stinger rods are in containers
with the size and type written on the ends of the container. I don't
do enough of it to matter that I have to "move" a few to get at what I
want.

BUT NO WOOD PLEASE!!!!!

Two of my cabinets are made of wood, as are about 25% of my jigs and
fixtures. Ive not burned one to the ground as of yet G

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario

--