Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The trouble for the Democrats in November

Shall not be infringed wrote:

I remember Carter's inflation. I guess it wasn't a result of too much
government spending, was it?

"Carter's" inflation my have had something to do with the OPEC oil
embargo. Do you remember how the price of everything leaped after the
Yom Kippur war in 1973? That's when "Carter's" inflation started,
during the Nixon administration. Nixon's attempts to control it
failed, Ford's attempts to control it failed and Carter's attempts to
control it failed.

So why is it "Carter's" inflation?

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R.Birch" wrote in message
Shall not be infringed wrote:

I remember Carter's inflation. I guess it wasn't a result of too much
government spending, was it?

"Carter's" inflation my have had something to do with the OPEC oil
embargo. Do you remember how the price of everything leaped after the Yom
Kippur war in 1973? That's when "Carter's" inflation started, during the
Nixon administration. Nixon's attempts to control it failed, Ford's
attempts to control it failed and Carter's attempts to control it failed.

So why is it "Carter's" inflation?

David

Carter's attempts to control inflation succeeded. He hired Paul Volcker, who
put the squeeze on credit and the money supply. Then Reagan was elected, and
he wisely kept Volcker on to finish the job.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 20 May 2010 09:04:51 -0500, "David R.Birch"
wrote:

Shall not be infringed wrote:

I remember Carter's inflation. I guess it wasn't a result of too much
government spending, was it?

"Carter's" inflation my have had something to do with the OPEC oil
embargo. Do you remember how the price of everything leaped after the
Yom Kippur war in 1973? That's when "Carter's" inflation started,
during the Nixon administration. Nixon's attempts to control it
failed, Ford's attempts to control it failed and Carter's attempts to
control it failed.

So why is it "Carter's" inflation?

David

There was also the little matter of the war on Vietnam, which was
financed through massive deficit spending, much of it ending up
overseas.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Shall not be infringed wrote:

I remember Carter's inflation. I guess it wasn't a result of too much
government spending, was it?

"Carter's" inflation my have had something to do with the OPEC oil
embargo. Do you remember how the price of everything leaped after the
Yom Kippur war in 1973? That's when "Carter's" inflation started,
during the Nixon administration. Nixon's attempts to control it
failed, Ford's attempts to control it failed and Carter's attempts to
control it failed.

So why is it "Carter's" inflation?

David

There was also the little matter of the war on Vietnam, which was
financed through massive deficit spending, much of it ending up
overseas.

A war which ended in 1975, before Carter was elected.

So why is it "Carter's" inflation?

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R.Birch" wrote in
:

So why is it "Carter's" inflation?

Jimmy "The Klutz" Carter was the "man in charge" when it happened.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Eregon wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote in
:

So why is it "Carter's" inflation?

Jimmy "The Klutz" Carter was the "man in charge" when it happened.

When WHAT happened?

When the OPEC embargo started?

No.

When the Vietnam war ended?

No.

Carter inherited inflation from the two previous administrations,
whose "men in charge" wasn't able to do anything about it.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 21, 6:38*am, "David R.Birch" wrote:
Eregon wrote:

Jimmy "The Klutz" Carter was the "man in charge" when it happened.

When WHAT happened?

The Rabbit attack?

**
mike
**
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R.Birch" wrote in
:

When WHAT happened?

When the Unions kicked off the major inflation by their exorbitant salary
demands "to stay ahead of the cost of living".
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Eregon wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote in
:

When WHAT happened?

When the Unions kicked off the major inflation by their exorbitant salary
demands "to stay ahead of the cost of living".

They had been doing that long before Carter. Is that all ya got?

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R.Birch" wrote in
:

Eregon wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote in
:

When WHAT happened?

When the Unions kicked off the major inflation by their exorbitant
salary demands "to stay ahead of the cost of living".

They had been doing that long before Carter. Is that all ya got?

David

They only got what they wanted during Democ-Rat administrations: Wilson,
Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter, Clinton and O'Bammy (A seat
at the Management Table of Government Motors).

The Clown in charge of the Executive Branch gets the blame (rarely any
credit) for whatever happens during his time in office, even if
he/she/it had absolutely nothing to do with it.

A prime example is the "Dot Com" foolishness of the 1990s.