Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R.Birch David R.Birch is offline

Default The trouble for the Democrats in November

Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Thu, 20 May 2010 09:04:51 -0500, "David R.Birch"
wrote:

Shall not be infringed wrote:

I remember Carter's inflation. I guess it wasn't a result of too much
government spending, was it?

"Carter's" inflation my have had something to do with the OPEC oil
embargo. Do you remember how the price of everything leaped after the
Yom Kippur war in 1973? That's when "Carter's" inflation started,
during the Nixon administration. Nixon's attempts to control it
failed, Ford's attempts to control it failed and Carter's attempts to
control it failed.

So why is it "Carter's" inflation?

David

There was also the little matter of the war on Vietnam, which was
financed through massive deficit spending, much of it ending up
overseas.

A war which ended in 1975, before Carter was elected.