Arch

Default "Please to remember the fifth of November"

Happy Guy Fawkes Day to all our British Turners. My son is an old
Wykemist and I remember the huge bonfires in the town of Winchester.
Tonight's bonfires offer a good chance to get rid of scrap wood and
rejected turnings. Not that you guys ever make mistakes or admit to
same.

Turn to Safety, Arch

Fortiter,

Andy Dingley

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 09:31:55 +1300, "Woodcut tools 2000 Ltd sales"
wrote:

We just had our Bonfire and our wedding anniversary on the same day

I got married on Hiroshima Day
Badger

Arch wrote:

Happy Guy Fawkes Day to all our British Turners. My son is an old
Wykemist and I remember the huge bonfires in the town of Winchester.

That the CITY of Winchester!

My father in law was one of their cricket umpires....

Tonight's bonfires offer a good chance to get rid of scrap wood and
rejected turnings. Not that you guys ever make mistakes or admit to
same.

Scrap wood? whats that?

Niel ;-)

Badger

Arch wrote:

Happy Guy Fawkes Day to all our British Turners. My son is an old
Wykemist

Hummm, where, during cricket week, Pimms is served by the/from a 3
gallon stainless steel bar bucket!!!

Happy memories, Niel.
Peter Charles Fagg

Thanks Arch for the thoughts.

As to the mistakes, I am always making them, it is the only way to
learn!

A couple of years ago I re-opened the hearth in my home and every
winter my failures keep my grey cells warm and roast the Chestnuts!

Regards Peter.
Arch

Thanks for the memories, everyone.

Lobby, I bet that pence is now a pound.

Ken & Andy, Congratulations and best wishes for many happy returns of
your day.

Niel, Any CITY that was the nation's capital when London was a village
deserves my apology for calling it a town.
BTW, Was that bar bucket the origin of the term, 'Pimms Cup'? Tell your
F.I.L. that a 'hot was held' on rcw to remember those held at the 'Green
Man' pub.

Peter Charles, Sorry, you can't claim many mistakes. We have all seen
pics of your very elegant platters.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter