Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shiny New Toy, some metal involved

Has anyone here purchased or built one of these yet?

Ooh, shiny new toy time!

http://www.break.com/index/amazing-n...-jet-pack.html

Me want.

--
STOP LIVING LIKE VEAL
-----------------------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Has anyone here purchased or built one of these yet?

Ooh, shiny new toy time!

http://www.break.com/index/amazing-n...-jet-pack.html

Me want.

--
STOP LIVING LIKE VEAL
-----------------------

That site tried to load some SW on my computer.
NoScript caught it and stopped it.
Art

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/1/2010 8:01 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
Has anyone here purchased or built one of these yet?

Ooh, shiny new toy time!

http://www.break.com/index/amazing-n...-jet-pack.html

Me want.

Thing gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I envision madly clawing at the harness two seconds after
the pump quits as the rig does it's best to bury my
face in the water.

--Winston Buzzkill

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 01 May 2010 21:34:39 -0700, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

On 5/1/2010 8:01 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
Has anyone here purchased or built one of these yet?

Ooh, shiny new toy time!

http://www.break.com/index/amazing-n...-jet-pack.html

Me want.

Thing gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I envision madly clawing at the harness two seconds after
the pump quits as the rig does it's best to bury my
face in the water.

I was waiting for him to lose a foot to one of the water jets.
Other than that, it looked like a helluva lot of fun. It's apparently
shooting water out the back of the jetski hull while pumping most of
it up the hose to the jet pack unit. I'd like an hour on the thing,
wouldn't you? Yes, quick-disconnect harness a _must_!
5-point racing belt, anyone?

--
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-- Raymond Lindquist

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/2/2010 7:27 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 01 May 2010 21:34:39 -0700, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

On 5/1/2010 8:01 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
Has anyone here purchased or built one of these yet?

Ooh, shiny new toy time!

http://www.break.com/index/amazing-n...-jet-pack.html

Me want.

Thing gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I envision madly clawing at the harness two seconds after
the pump quits as the rig does it's best to bury my
face in the water.

I was waiting for him to lose a foot to one of the water jets.
Other than that, it looked like a helluva lot of fun. It's apparently
shooting water out the back of the jetski hull while pumping most of
it up the hose to the jet pack unit.

Looked like he was dragging the Jetski around to me.
Otherwise the fire hose would kind of push up
into his um. crack.

I'd like an hour on the thing,
wouldn't you?

Sure! I would need the 'unlimited' class jet turbine to keep
my head above water. It'd be a gas but it'd be bloody scary in the event
of a malfunction. [Gurgle gurgle]

Yes, quick-disconnect harness a _must_!

The corrosion-proof variety.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Has anyone here purchased or built one of these yet?

Ooh, shiny new toy time!

http://www.break.com/index/amazing-n...-jet-pack.html

Me want.

The original ones were awesome, but had very limited fly times. I remember
the time they flew one at a Super Bowl Game. This one looks to me to have a
very high Bubba factor, and I can see no way to go but splat if there's a
glitch. With a metal stomp on top of that when the backpack stomps you.
The acrobatics is limited by the hose, and that's the whole point and fun of
it. Looks squirrelly to me, and the guy driving it looks like he's got a
pucker factor so high he ain't going to take a dump for a couple of days.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Has anyone here purchased or built one of these yet?

Ooh, shiny new toy time!

http://www.break.com/index/amazing-n...-jet-pack.html

Me want.

So you brag about not having a teevee and watch break.com on your computer?

My luck the hose would break off as I was crossing over the power pack at altitude.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/3/2010 2:44 PM, Wes wrote:
Larry wrote:

Has anyone here purchased or built one of these yet?

Ooh, shiny new toy time!

http://www.break.com/index/amazing-n...-jet-pack.html

Me want.

So you brag about not having a teevee and watch break.com on your computer?

My luck the hose would break off as I was crossing over the power pack at altitude.

"What could possibly go wrong?"

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 03 May 2010 16:48:15 -0700, Winston
wrote the following:

On 5/3/2010 2:44 PM, Wes wrote:
Larry wrote:

Has anyone here purchased or built one of these yet?

Ooh, shiny new toy time!

http://www.break.com/index/amazing-n...-jet-pack.html

Me want.

So you brag about not having a teevee and watch break.com on your computer?

My luck the hose would break off as I was crossing over the power pack at altitude.

"What could possibly go wrong?"

Never ask that question. g

Let's see, if the feed hose broke at the junction to the jet pack,
pressure would move it down until it was pointing at a very personal
muscle. It wouldn't take an engineer to determine that the hydraulic
pressure of that hose may overcome even the -already- increased
sphincter tension and you'd get one helluva colonic. Sounds painful.