Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shiny New Toy, some metal involved

On Sat, 01 May 2010 21:34:39 -0700, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

On 5/1/2010 8:01 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
Has anyone here purchased or built one of these yet?

Ooh, shiny new toy time!

http://www.break.com/index/amazing-n...-jet-pack.html

Me want.

Thing gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I envision madly clawing at the harness two seconds after
the pump quits as the rig does it's best to bury my
face in the water.

I was waiting for him to lose a foot to one of the water jets.
Other than that, it looked like a helluva lot of fun. It's apparently
shooting water out the back of the jetski hull while pumping most of
it up the hose to the jet pack unit. I'd like an hour on the thing,
wouldn't you? Yes, quick-disconnect harness a _must_!
5-point racing belt, anyone?

--
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-- Raymond Lindquist