Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ObamaGas $4 on horizon?

The consensus seems to be that prices will keep rising for awhile,
until reality sets in, with prices coming back to earth, at least by
July 4.

It's not Obamagas, tho. It's been **** us in the ass gas since.....
hmmm, WHEN, boyzngerlz??

Since the day after Katrina (New Orleans, for the memory challenged).
Gas shot up from, what, $1.50 (which, imo, is already a ripoff), to
$3.50-$4.00.

And, for all intents and purposes, never came down.

What does that tell you boyzngerlz??

Big Oil has its dick in so many mouths (Congress) and in so many asses
(you'n'me), it can't provide enough tissue or mouthwash.... or PrepH.

Big Oil execs should be put on trial for treason. And executed. Along
with most of congress.
Preferably by being dragged behind pickup trucks, at a leisurely 10-15
mph.
--
EA

It's ObamaGas all right. You're soaking in it.

Right. Incredibly shrinking dollar has raised world oil price.
If economy recovers, $4/gal will seem cheap.

Gee, do you think that might have something to do with Obama wanting to
get the U.S. economy off oil and coal? There are billions of people just
waiting to start living like Americans do. Unfortunately, to do that
means they will have to use oil like Americans do. The more they use oil
the more the demand will go up and so will the price. The future isn't
hard to foresee. Oil is going to be in short supply and the prices are
going ever higher. Obama knows this very well and that is why he's doing
what he's doing to try to wean us off oil. Then you have the other side
saying drill baby drill, as if that will change anything. I'll take
Obama's route any day of the week. At least it may work. Trying to come
up with enough oil for everyone to live like us is a fool's errand.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

[...]

Most of which you can blame on the effing internet.
Used to be drug dealers kept nice low profiles, in the '60s.
Now they advertise, with bling, boomcars, asses sticking out of falling
jeans.
Same conspicuous ****, same principle.
--
EA

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

Gee, do you think that might have something to do with Obama wanting to
get the U.S. economy off oil and coal? There are billions of people just
waiting to start living like Americans do. Unfortunately, to do that means
they will have to use oil like Americans do. The more they use oil the
more the demand will go up and so will the price. The future isn't hard to
foresee. Oil is going to be in short supply and the prices are going ever
higher. Obama knows this very well and that is why he's doing what he's
doing to try to wean us off oil. Then you have the other side saying drill
baby drill, as if that will change anything. I'll take Obama's route any
day of the week. At least it may work. Trying to come up with enough oil
for everyone to live like us is a fool's errand.

Hawke

Try reading this: http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/bakken.asp

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gee, do you think that might have something to do with Obama wanting to
get the U.S. economy off oil and coal? There are billions of people just
waiting to start living like Americans do. Unfortunately, to do that
means they will have to use oil like Americans do. The more they use oil
the more the demand will go up and so will the price. The future isn't
hard to foresee. Oil is going to be in short supply and the prices are
going ever higher. Obama knows this very well and that is why he's doing
what he's doing to try to wean us off oil. Then you have the other side
saying drill baby drill, as if that will change anything. I'll take
Obama's route any day of the week. At least it may work. Trying to come
up with enough oil for everyone to live like us is a fool's errand.

Hawke

"may" work? You ARE as stupid as you seem.

You probably think that his latest rhetoric about drilling is truthful.
This situation of having all this oil and gas sitting there in the ground
and not going after it creates the question in my mind, "Billions of dollars
sitting there, and no one is really excited. What is wrong with this
picture?"

We have all these machines that run on petroleum distillates, or just plain
LPG out of the ground, and we are thinking we can come up with all this
stuff that works on peanut oil and God knows what all oils, BUT the cost of
R&D is more than the offset, and guess whose companies is in line for the
R&D contracts?

Follow the money.

Wean us off oil? To what? Electric cars that cost $75,000 and won't even
go 50 mph or 50 miles on a charge? Or wind systems that cost more than
regular hydroelectric or even nuclear per kwh?

It is NOT going to happen, no matter what the tree huggers say. And if it
does, the quality of life will be so low that we will be living in cave
hovels at subsistence levels with a wood fire stove and an 8 watt bulb for
illumination. And that will be in the high income families who can afford
the wind system and storage batteries. But at least we would be "weaned off
oil and coal."

If it all were not so sad, it would be laughable. Life expectancy should be
cut in half just due to starvation and hypothermia.

And you'll notice none of the tree hugging advocates is reducing their
10,000 gallon per flight personal jet air travel. Or even "jet pooling."

Hawke, I used to think you were just a troll, as no one could be as stupid
as you propose. I was wrong.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 22:12:12 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

[...]

My 10 year old French 7 seater MPV does 33 miles per US gallon on the highway
and 27.5 around town and will happily do 95mph, when needed. What's typical in
the US?

Do you really need engines powerful enough for 40 ton rigs in automobiles? If
so, Why?

Mark Rand
RTFM

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Jeez, that should be obvious. To haul our big gas tanks, dummy! d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:41:55 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Mark Rand" wrote in message

Do you really need engines powerful enough for 40 ton rigs in automobiles?
If
so, Why?

Mark Rand
RTFM

Jeez, that should be obvious. To haul our big gas tanks, dummy! d8-)

Big gas tanks and big assed Yanks.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Mark Rand wrote:

My 10 year old French 7 seater MPV does 33 miles per US gallon on the highway
and 27.5 around town and will happily do 95mph, when needed. What's typical in
the US?

My 2001 Saturn SL1 gets 35-36 mpg summer, 32-33 mpg winter and it will go over 95mph. I
also pull a trailer at times but limit my carrying to about 500# for the trailer and 500#
for the load.

Currently the daily commute, round trip, is ~90 miles.
Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Bigazz motor = 15" codpiece. Jeweled codpiece, if yer lic plates/windshield
wipers glow.

Altho, truth be told, I wouldn't mind an M3 -- 414 hp....
Or some other suitable Pimpbuggy.
--
EA

Mark Rand
RTFM

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/12/2010 2:27 PM, Wes wrote:
Mark wrote:

My 10 year old French 7 seater MPV does 33 miles per US gallon on the highway
and 27.5 around town and will happily do 95mph, when needed. What's typical in
the US?

My 2001 Saturn SL1 gets 35-36 mpg summer, 32-33 mpg winter and it will go over 95mph. I
also pull a trailer at times but limit my carrying to about 500# for the trailer and 500#
for the load.

Currently the daily commute, round trip, is ~90 miles.
Wes

Here's an analogy that describes where we are right now when it comes to
the use of fossil fuels. Remember the P51 Mustang fighter plane from
WWII? It was the peak of what a propeller driven fighter plane could be.
It was a great plane. But it was a propeller plane so it had its
limitations and it had reached as far as it could go. Then jet planes
were invented and the great old P51 became a museum piece.

We're at that point with fossil fuels. We've gone just about as far as a
modern society can go with them. They provided the energy we needed to
get us to this point but the limitations of those fuels is now holding
us back. So now its time to find a new and superior way of doing things
the same way jets replaced propeller planes. The problem is that old
farts can't imagine anything better and never see the future but only
the past. Which is why some guys here can't see that the end of the days
of fossil fuels is coming, and soon. It may take a couple of decades but
you can be sure that we won't be using fossil fuels like we do now 20
years from now. Some kind of breakthrough will come. It may be in
batteries or fuel cells, or hydrogen, solar, bio fuels, or something we
don't even know about yet. But it will come and it will put petroleum
based energy in the museum. It's always the conservatives who can't see
the future coming and do nothing but whine and complain and say it'll
never work when younger, smarter people come up with the new ideas. It
seems like America is becoming a country of old farts and teabaggers and
that the only way we will advance is to follow the Europeans and Asians.
Have we fallen hard, or what? My advice to you old farts, shut up, quit
your whining, and get the hell out of our way.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message
On 4/12/2010 2:27 PM, Wes wrote:
Mark wrote:

[...]

Except that Wes' 9 year old Saturn has nothing at all in common with the P51
Mustang or any other of your diversions. You just go aheadf and keep praying
at the altar of your messiah for some miracle fuel. Did you try scraping
some of the resins out of his crack pipe? That should get you as far as the
gutter.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I have no idea. Mine only has 325 hp and 610 ft lbs of torque. Gets around
18 on trips, and will jump up to 90 quick to pass a semi.

Steve