Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Layoff Letter

Dear Employees:

As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned
myself to the fact that Barrack Obama is our
President and that our taxes and government fees
will increase in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, our prices
would have to increase by about 10%. But since
we cannot increase our prices right now due to the
dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off
sixty of our employees instead.

This has really been bothering me since I believe
we are family here and I didn't know how to choose
who would have to go.

So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking
lots and found sixty 'Obama' bumper stickers on our
employees' cars and have decided these folks will be
the ones to let go.. I can't think of a more fair way
to approach this problem. They voted for change......
I gave it to them.

I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.

THE BOSS

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/31/2010 6:25 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Now the rest of the company will suffer because the Boss just went and
let go 60 of his smartest workers. Not a very bright thing to do. Which
means he didn't vote for Obama either.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawke wrote:
[...]

He'd probably be accused of racism
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-04-01, RBnDFW wrote:
Hawke wrote:
[...]

The letter was pure fiction, right?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-04-01, RBnDFW wrote:
Hawke wrote:
[...]

It looks like a Gunnerism, all right. At least two humor blogs describe it
as a joke they got in their e-mail.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus23298 wrote in news:lb2dnY13
:

The letter was pure fiction, right?

Right.

It floated around the e-mail joke circuit almost 9 months ago - around the
time that the Health Reform bills were being introduced.

Looking for laaarge letter box or letter slot James Harris[_2_] UK diy 5 November 5th 08 03:26 PM
Letter- or/and mailfriend! werdtino UK diy 3 January 15th 07 09:04 PM
Letter Tiles Stuart A UK diy 16 January 24th 06 09:55 PM
4 letter words Jordan Metalworking 7 January 20th 06 02:01 AM
Letter to B&Q Peter Crosland UK diy 3 February 11th 05 11:31 PM