Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jordan

Default 4 letter words

easy
just
soon

more?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lee Reed

weld,turn,bore,mill,file

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:57:38 +1100, Jordan
wrote:

easy
just
soon

more?

thou, sand, cuss, dump,
DCRP, melt,
SMAW, mess,
sell, ebay,
loaf, fire,
work, good,
done, beer,
spec, oops,

this list could be endless.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jordan

I just thought of another: ONLY

The theme is ironical (and not necessarily metalwork!)
- words that fool us into thinking that our little project isn't going
to be hard, not time-consuming, a doddle, piece of cake, trivial.
OOPS is a good one, but too accurate.

Don Foreman wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:57:38 +1100, Jordan
wrote:

easy
just
soon

more?

thou, sand, cuss, dump,
DCRP, melt,
SMAW, mess,
sell, ebay,
loaf, fire,
work, good,
done, beer,
spec, oops,

this list could be endless.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:33:08 +1100, the renowned Jordan
wrote:

I just thought of another: ONLY

The theme is ironical (and not necessarily metalwork!)
- words that fool us into thinking that our little project isn't going
to be hard, not time-consuming, a doddle, piece of cake, trivial.
OOPS is a good one, but too accurate.

It's got an extra letter or two, but I think "simple" qualifies.

They are also warning words when coming from a potential client who
wants something done. Usually they have no idea of the work involved.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 06:15:39 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

It's got an extra letter or two, but I think "simple" qualifies.

Disqualified by letter count, but "easy" meets the spec.

They are also warning words when coming from a potential client who
wants something done. Usually they have no idea of the work involved.

Roger thet!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

DUPA
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

That reminds me of "Fundamentals of ...." (eat your lunch)
and the other key is "Methods of ..." Both keys to think twice before taking
the class or reading the book!

One ends in "...Modern Physics" the other in "Applied Mathematics"
"Simple" or should be "really cheap to do" sounds off bells!

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

GET PAID FOREVER Colbyt Home Repair 0 August 1st 05 11:43 PM
Need Money? [email protected] Woodworking 4 July 22nd 05 04:05 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM