Metalworking (rec.crafts.metalworking) Discuss various aspects of working with metal, such as machining, welding, metal joining, screwing, casting, hardening/tempering, blacksmithing/forging, spinning and hammer work, sheet metal work.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jordan
 
Posts: n/a
Default 4 letter words

easy
just
soon

more?
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lee Reed
 
Posts: n/a
Default 4 letter words

weld,turn,bore,mill,file

  #3   Report Post  
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman
 
Posts: n/a
Default 4 letter words

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:57:38 +1100, Jordan
wrote:

easy
just
soon

more?


thou, sand, cuss, dump,
DCRP, melt,
SMAW, mess,
sell, ebay,
loaf, fire,
work, good,
done, beer,
spec, oops,

this list could be endless.



  #4   Report Post  
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jordan
 
Posts: n/a
Default 4 letter words

I just thought of another: ONLY

The theme is ironical (and not necessarily metalwork!)
- words that fool us into thinking that our little project isn't going
to be hard, not time-consuming, a doddle, piece of cake, trivial.
OOPS is a good one, but too accurate.

Don Foreman wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:57:38 +1100, Jordan
wrote:


easy
just
soon

more?



thou, sand, cuss, dump,
DCRP, melt,
SMAW, mess,
sell, ebay,
loaf, fire,
work, good,
done, beer,
spec, oops,

this list could be endless.



  #5   Report Post  
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany
 
Posts: n/a
Default 4 letter words

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:33:08 +1100, the renowned Jordan
wrote:

I just thought of another: ONLY

The theme is ironical (and not necessarily metalwork!)
- words that fool us into thinking that our little project isn't going
to be hard, not time-consuming, a doddle, piece of cake, trivial.
OOPS is a good one, but too accurate.


It's got an extra letter or two, but I think "simple" qualifies.

They are also warning words when coming from a potential client who
wants something done. Usually they have no idea of the work involved.



Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
--
"it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward"
Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: http://www.speff.com


  #6   Report Post  
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman
 
Posts: n/a
Default 4 letter words

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 06:15:39 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:


It's got an extra letter or two, but I think "simple" qualifies.


Disqualified by letter count, but "easy" meets the spec.

They are also warning words when coming from a potential client who
wants something done. Usually they have no idea of the work involved.


Roger thet!

  #7   Report Post  
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
 
Posts: n/a
Default 4 letter words

DUPA
  #8   Report Post  
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn
 
Posts: n/a
Default 4 letter words

That reminds me of "Fundamentals of ...." (eat your lunch)
and the other key is "Methods of ..." Both keys to think twice before taking
the class or reading the book!

One ends in "...Modern Physics" the other in "Applied Mathematics"
"Simple" or should be "really cheap to do" sounds off bells!

Martin
Martin Eastburn
@ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net
NRA LOH & Endowment Member
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder



Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:33:08 +1100, the renowned Jordan
wrote:


I just thought of another: ONLY

The theme is ironical (and not necessarily metalwork!)
- words that fool us into thinking that our little project isn't going
to be hard, not time-consuming, a doddle, piece of cake, trivial.
OOPS is a good one, but too accurate.



It's got an extra letter or two, but I think "simple" qualifies.

They are also warning words when coming from a potential client who
wants something done. Usually they have no idea of the work involved.



Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany


----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GET PAID FOREVER Colbyt Home Repair 0 August 1st 05 11:43 PM
Need Money? [email protected] Woodworking 4 July 22nd 05 04:05 PM
Windsor Plywood Scam - Saskatoon James \(Garry\) Hunter Woodworking 19 January 4th 05 04:12 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"