Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default K. O. Lee tool and cutter machine

Hi:

I am new to google groups but post regularly on Practical Machinist,
Candle Power Forums, Pirate 4X4.

I just purchased a very rough K. O. Lee 900 series tool cutter and
grinder. It is only useful as a hobby/project. I have a 1340 Lathe and
a nice Bridgeport series 1 2hp varispeed mill.

Has anyone had experience/own this machine? Is anyone who does own
this machine local to me in Riverside CA?

I can post pictures on photobucket when I receive the machine.

Does anyone know a source for tooling outside of LeBlond?

Thanks to all,

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 04:55:21 -0700 (PDT), psient
wrote:

Hi:

I am new to google groups but post regularly on Practical Machinist,
Candle Power Forums, Pirate 4X4.

I just purchased a very rough K. O. Lee 900 series tool cutter and
grinder. It is only useful as a hobby/project. I have a 1340 Lathe and
a nice Bridgeport series 1 2hp varispeed mill.

Has anyone had experience/own this machine? Is anyone who does own
this machine local to me in Riverside CA?

I can post pictures on photobucket when I receive the machine.

Does anyone know a source for tooling outside of LeBlond?

Thanks to all,

Jon

I have a KO Lee 300 that I use regulary..

Its very simliar to the 900, but much smaller

Im sure you have seen the manuals at

http://www.kolee.com/PARTSMANUALS/ta...5/Default.aspx

What do you need to know?

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I am attempting to educate myself on the various attachments and their
use. Furthermore, I may have to rebuild some components of the machine
I just purchased. Do you have access to a manual sir?

Thanks,

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Not for the 900. Check the link above and you will find many documents
that have most of what you are looking for in them.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'm not sure KO Lee produced specific manuals for each of their grinders.
They did produce an ~100 page instruction manual on T&C grinding that
covered most, if not all, of the grinder models and at least some of the
accessories. I see reference to a BA900 grinder in my copy so it probably
has some info that would be useful to you. When KO Lee was still in
business they were selling reprints for $75. LeBlond may still be selling
them or you may get lucky and find an old copy on Ebay.

There are other good generic sources of info though - Norton (the grinding
wheel people) produced a similar manual and old copies of those used to show
up pretty often on Ebay for $10 or so.

Mike