Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New Beyond Belief Crapsman 'Ad's'

What are they thinking? Amazing... I'm considering rounding up all their
stuff I own and outright dumping it... just to be disassociated of the
brand.

I hope this campaign 'blows over' quickly... I dread friends/family
asking if I use their products.

Drill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEdMq...layer_embedded

Sockets
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws-6a...layer_embedded

Shop Vac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsLS4...layer_embedded

Hammers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqfgM...layer_embedded

Radios
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-zN...layer_embedded

Tool Box
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2slVj...layer_embedded

Erik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 26, 8:14*pm, Erik wrote:
What are they thinking? Amazing... I'm considering rounding up all their
stuff I own and outright dumping it... just to be disassociated of the
brand.

I hope this campaign 'blows over' quickly... I dread friends/family
asking if I use their products.

Drillhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEdMqFMv9Tk&feature=player_embedded

Socketshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws-6aMwY2cw&feature=player_embedded

Shop Vachttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsLS4U1pljQ&feature=player_embedded

Hammershttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqfgMRw8DKs&feature=player_embedded

Radioshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-zNlviGus&feature=player_embedded

Tool Boxhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2slVj6ZFtx0&feature=player_embedded

Erik

Sears must have discovered a new target group for its products: people
who don’t care about how they look, where they live, or how they treat
their belongings. I wonder how much disposable income they have and
how much Sears’ tool sales will increase? Maybe Sears doesn’t care
about that either.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'm not going to waste time looking at ads, but if you are going to dump
all your tools to be disassociated with the brand, ship all the hand
tools here, especially if they are old enough to be not made in China.
Then maybe you can replace them with new Snap-ons at 10X the price that
are made in China, I don't really care. Perhaps you watch a little bit
too much TV...when you should be using tools.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-02-27, Ecnerwal wrote:
I'm not going to waste time looking at ads, but if you are going to dump
all your tools to be disassociated with the brand, ship all the hand
tools here, especially if they are old enough to be not made in China.
Then maybe you can replace them with new Snap-ons at 10X the price that
are made in China, I don't really care. Perhaps you watch a little bit
too much TV...when you should be using tools.

I thought that all Snap-Ons are made in USA?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Ignoramus19261 wrote:

I thought that all Snap-Ons are made in USA?

There has been discussion lately that some items are no longer stamped
that way on the tool - which surely means they soon won't be, if they
even still are. But the price won't come down, you can bet on that.

http://www.snapon.com.cn/snapon/en/index.htm

Sure they claim this stuff is only for asia-pacific market - do you
remotely believe it will stay that way?

Seems they have been at it for a couple of years:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...2/ai_n25339908
Quoted from the above link (April, 2008)
"We are also very pleased to announce that Snap-on recently completed the
acquisition of a 60% interest in Zhejiang Wanda Tools Co., Ltd., a hot-forged
hand tool manufacturer in China," said Pinchuk. "This strategic joint venture
builds on Snap-on's current presence in the region and complements the
company's existing production capabilities in Kunshan, China. Our majority
ownership of Wanda Tools, our first hand tool manufacturing facility in
China, is expected to be a key contributor to our future state and is another
important step in extending Snap-on's manufacturing capability and market
coverage in emerging markets around the world."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 18:14:24 -0800, the infamous Erik
scrawled the following:

What are they thinking? Amazing... I'm considering rounding up all their
stuff I own and outright dumping it... just to be disassociated of the
brand.

DO IT!

I hope this campaign 'blows over' quickly... I dread friends/family
asking if I use their products.

Drill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEdMq...layer_embedded

Hell, they've been this type of class act since the late Seventies...

--
Pessimist: One who, when he has the choice of two evils, chooses both.
--Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Erik wrote:

What are they thinking? Amazing... I'm considering rounding up all their
stuff I own and outright dumping it... just to be disassociated of the
brand.

Okay, verified able to be shipped by UPS. How long does it last drilling 1/2" D holes in
steel?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Is this a Crapsman . . or what Robert Swinney Metalworking 18 June 7th 09 02:48 AM
crapsman tools BD[_2_] Woodworking 14 March 3rd 09 07:44 AM
New Crapsman saws any good? Silvan Woodworking 5 December 8th 04 10:14 PM
crapsman may be crapsman - but gotta give a thumbs up to Sears Rob V Woodworking 17 October 16th 04 02:43 PM