Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal[_3_] Ecnerwal[_3_] is offline

Default New Beyond Belief Crapsman 'Ad's'

In article ,
Ignoramus19261 wrote:

I thought that all Snap-Ons are made in USA?

There has been discussion lately that some items are no longer stamped
that way on the tool - which surely means they soon won't be, if they
even still are. But the price won't come down, you can bet on that.

http://www.snapon.com.cn/snapon/en/index.htm

Sure they claim this stuff is only for asia-pacific market - do you
remotely believe it will stay that way?

Seems they have been at it for a couple of years:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...2/ai_n25339908
Quoted from the above link (April, 2008)
"We are also very pleased to announce that Snap-on recently completed the
acquisition of a 60% interest in Zhejiang Wanda Tools Co., Ltd., a hot-forged
hand tool manufacturer in China," said Pinchuk. "This strategic joint venture
builds on Snap-on's current presence in the region and complements the
company's existing production capabilities in Kunshan, China. Our majority
ownership of Wanda Tools, our first hand tool manufacturing facility in
China, is expected to be a key contributor to our future state and is another
important step in extending Snap-on's manufacturing capability and market
coverage in emerging markets around the world."