Posted to rec.woodworking

Default crapsman tools

I was wondering if there was a list of the manufactures that make craftsman
power tools.

thanx
bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "BD" wrote:
I was wondering if there was a list of the manufactures that make craftsman
power tools.

Google is your friend -- that's been posted here *many* times.
Posted to rec.woodworking

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=craftsman+power+tools+manufacturers+list
Dave Balderstone

LOL ...bows to Dave...
That was truly "perfect".
`Casper

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:03:42 GMT, "Jay Giuliani"
wrote:

I know Emerson makes a fair amount of them.

The operative word would be "made." Sears and Emerson split the sheets
several years ago (sometime in the '90s).

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
http://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jay Giuliani" wrote in message
I know Emerson makes a fair amount of them.

Emerson is long gone. Some are made by Ryobi, some even by Porter Cable.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 24, 8:44*pm, "Mort Adella" wrote:
"Jay Giuliani" wrote in message

...I know Emerson makes a fair amount of them.

Emerson is long gone.

Not exactly:
http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/
and
http://www.emerson.com/en-US/Pages/Home.aspx
http://www.emerson.com/en-US/about_e...nal_Tools.aspx
Posted to rec.woodworking

"BD" wrote in message
m...
I was wondering if there was a list of the manufactures that make craftsman
power tools.

This is unrelated I suppose, but my prediction is that Sears goes under by
the fall of 2009. They are desolate even during sales around ehre while
other places have picked up a bit of momentum now that lack of consumer
confidence can't keep people from buying necessary items.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 25, 1:38*pm, wrote:
On Feb 24, 8:44*pm, "Mort Adella" wrote:

"Jay Giuliani" wrote in message

...I know Emerson makes a fair amount of them.

Emerson is long gone.

Not exactly:http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/
andhttp://www.emerson.com/en-US/Pages/Home.aspxhttp://www.emerson.com/en-US/about_emerson/emerson_business/Pages/Pro...

I must have missed it. I see no current listings for tools
manufactured for Sears/Craftsman.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 26, 4:00*pm, Charlie Self wrote:
On Feb 25, 1:38*pm, wrote:

On Feb 24, 8:44*pm, "Mort Adella" wrote:

"Jay Giuliani" wrote in message

...I knowEmerson makes a fair amount of them.

Emerson is long gone.

Not exactly:http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/
andhttp://www.emerson.com/en-US/Pages/Home.aspxhttp://www.emerson.com/en......

I must have missed it. I see no current listings for tools
manufactured for Sears/Craftsman.

He
http://www.emersontoolcompany.com/ourproducts.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

Maybe...Maybe not...

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor...sp?Symbol=SHLD

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

This is unrelated I suppose, but my prediction is that Sears goes under by
the fall of 2009.

Posted to rec.woodworking

m...

Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:http://www.AutoDrill.com
Multiple Spindle Drills:http://www.Multi-Drill.com
Flagship Site:http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

Recently a list was published of companies not expected to finish 2009
because of their dependence on debt that will not be refinanced.

Sears/Kmart was on that list.

I wonder how their lifetime warranty will be honored after the doors
are locked and the lights are turned off.

TMT
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On Feb 25, 4:04 pm, "Joe AutoDrill" wrote:
"BD" wrote in message

m...

[...]

Hmmm, maybe I should go take advantage of that waranty now.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default craftsman tools

"Joe" wrote in message
.. .
Recently a list was published of companies not expected to finish 2009
because of their dependence on debt that will not be refinanced.

Sears/Kmart was on that list.

I wonder how their lifetime warranty will be honored after the doors
are locked and the lights are turned off.

TMT

Hmmm, maybe I should go take advantage of that waranty now.

I'd think such fears might be a bit overblown.......incidently the complete
article in the listed link is a interesting read on ther current economic
mess
Rod

http://www.searsholdings.com/invest/

Sears Holdings Corporation today reported its fourth quarter and full year
2008 results. Highlights for the quarter include:

a.. Net income for the quarter of $190 million ($360 million excluding
certain significant items) as compared to net income of $426 million in the
fourth quarter of 2007
b.. Fully diluted earnings per share for the quarter of $1.55 ($2.94
excluding certain significant items) as compared to fully diluted earnings
per share of $3.17 in the fourth quarter of 2007
c.. Adjusted EBITDA of $885 million in the fourth quarter as compared to
$1.0 billion in the fourth quarter of 2007
d.. Total impairment, store closing and severance charges of $336 million
for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008
e.. Kmart adjusted EBITDA increased 18% to $321 million in the fourth
quarter of fiscal 2008 as compared to the fourth quarter of fiscal 2007
f.. Implemented actions to improve operational efficiency in response to
the economic climate which contributed to a reduction of $211 million in
domestic selling and administrative expenses during the fourth quarter of
fiscal 2008 and a $1.0 billion reduction in domestic inventory
g.. Reduced total short-term borrowings on our $4.0 billion revolving
credit facility from $1.9 billion at November 1, 2008 to $435 million at
January 31, 2009
h.. Repurchased 2.9 million shares for $120 million and debt securities
for $29 million during the fourth quarter
i.. Maintained strong balance sheet and liquidity position
j.. Kmart began operating its own footwear business on January 1, 2009,
which had previously been operated by a third party