Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 45 ACP ammo

cavelamb wrote:

Don't worry about bullets, though.
All this talk about reloading makes me wish I could, but
I don't have the equipment, and in the end, it won't fit
aboard the boat...

You could make it fit.

If I was out in the open ocean, I'd rather try my hand at shooting clay pigeons though.
Besides, a shotgun is better at repelling boarders.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

Don't worry about bullets, though.
All this talk about reloading makes me wish I could, but
I don't have the equipment, and in the end, it won't fit
aboard the boat...

You could make it fit.

If I was out in the open ocean, I'd rather try my hand at shooting clay pigeons though.
Besides, a shotgun is better at repelling boarders.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

You have obviously not ever tried to clear customs in a foriegn country.

Man, they ask if you have any drugs aboard, and if you answer no, they
say, "Oh, come on!".

Guns?

Gimme aa break!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb wrote:

You have obviously not ever tried to clear customs in a foriegn country.

Man, they ask if you have any drugs aboard, and if you answer no, they
say, "Oh, come on!".

Guns?

Gimme aa break!

I didn't realize you were sailing to foreign ports.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 03:13:58 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

Don't worry about bullets, though.
All this talk about reloading makes me wish I could, but
I don't have the equipment, and in the end, it won't fit
aboard the boat...

You could make it fit.

If I was out in the open ocean, I'd rather try my hand at shooting clay pigeons though.
Besides, a shotgun is better at repelling boarders.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

You have obviously not ever tried to clear customs in a foriegn country.

Man, they ask if you have any drugs aboard, and if you answer no, they
say, "Oh, come on!".

Guns?

Gimme aa break!

Thats why you hide them..or put in a locked strongbox.

Seems with the off shore kidnappings and murders...foreign nations are
starting to look the other way about "self defense" paraphenalia.

Many of them anyways....shrug

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

[...]

Really, Which foreign ports have you sailed into in the last 3 months,
and with what arms?

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

[...]

You might think so but apparently the foreign governments don't as the
laws haven't changed. If you clear into a foreign country you had
better declare any firearms you may have on board as the penalties in
some countries are rather stiff - Malaysia and Singapore, for example,
make it an automatic death penalty for firearms and a jail sentence
for ammunition.

Regards,

J.B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

[...]

But of course no one things that Cavelamb is sailing in his 22ft sail
boat to Malaysa or Sinapore, does one?

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

[...]

She's 26 feet, Gunner. With 10 feet of beam.
That makes her kind of a short 30 footer.

We have hot and cold pressure water, a complete head,
A full galley, and more room below that you expect.
We can live aboard comfortably for extended periods.

Were I heading for the Far East, I'd ship my ship as cargo.
Even in the Gulf, a lot of sailors do that even now.
Ship their boat to windward and sail down hill back home.

However, the Bahamas, Bermuda, Jamaica, and as far as Antigua are all certainly
possible. As is Mexico, the east coast of South America, and, if they ever open
it up, Cuba, hombre!

Slip through the ditch and Hawaii is about 14 days down hill.
(we can provision for two for 30 days)

Or coast up Californiastan to Alaska, across the Bearing Sea (90 miles) to
Russia (where American Dollars are still King!), down the coast to Japan,
coast along southern China and around Viet Nam (pass).

Gee, there you are in Indonesia! Thailand, Malysia, New Guinea, Austrailia.

In all honestly for that trip I'd like to have a longer boat.
But this one is perfectly capable.

The only question in my mind is - am I...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb wrote:

In all honestly for that trip I'd like to have a longer boat.
But this one is perfectly capable.

The only question in my mind is - am I...

Of course, we could be ready a lot sooner if we actually had
*parts*...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 21:13:57 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

cavelamb wrote:

In all honestly for that trip I'd like to have a longer boat.
But this one is perfectly capable.

The only question in my mind is - am I...

Of course, we could be ready a lot sooner if we actually had
*parts*...

You will indeed have it next week.

Its a bit more complicated than Id expected..I thought I had a 1/2"
radius cutter..and cant find it. But its roughed out while I ponder.

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

cavelamb wrote:

In all honestly for that trip I'd like to have a longer boat.
But this one is perfectly capable.

The only question in my mind is - am I...

Of course, we could be ready a lot sooner if we actually had
*parts*...

You will indeed have it next week.

Its a bit more complicated than Id expected..I thought I had a 1/2"
radius cutter..and cant find it. But its roughed out while I ponder.

Gunner

Thanks, Guns.

The only critical dimension is the slow width.
..255 +.05 -0
And that's just that it not be too narrow for the tab.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

cavelamb wrote:

In all honestly for that trip I'd like to have a longer boat.
But this one is perfectly capable.

The only question in my mind is - am I...

Of course, we could be ready a lot sooner if we actually had
*parts*...

You will indeed have it next week.

Its a bit more complicated than Id expected..I thought I had a 1/2"
radius cutter..and cant find it. But its roughed out while I ponder.

Gunner

Thanks, Guns.

The only critical dimension is the *slot* width.
.255 +.05 -0
And that's just that it not be too narrow for the tab.

Dam! Who typed that?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

cavelamb wrote:

In all honestly for that trip I'd like to have a longer boat.
But this one is perfectly capable.

The only question in my mind is - am I...

Of course, we could be ready a lot sooner if we actually had
*parts*...

You will indeed have it next week.

Its a bit more complicated than Id expected..I thought I had a 1/2"
radius cutter..and cant find it. But its roughed out while I ponder.

Gunner

Thanks, Guns.

The only critical dimension is the slow width.
.255 +.05 -0
And that's just that it not be too narrow for the tab.

What...you dont have a file?????

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

cavelamb wrote:

In all honestly for that trip I'd like to have a longer boat.
But this one is perfectly capable.

The only question in my mind is - am I...

Of course, we could be ready a lot sooner if we actually had
*parts*...

You will indeed have it next week.

Its a bit more complicated than Id expected..I thought I had a 1/2"
radius cutter..and cant find it. But its roughed out while I ponder.

Gunner

Thanks, Guns.

The only critical dimension is the slow width.
.255 +.05 -0
And that's just that it not be too narrow for the tab.

What...you dont have a file?????

Gunner

About all I have these days is stone knives and bear claw needles.

But D has an emery board! VBG

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

[...]

But he can if he wants to. A Hungarian chap was stopped by the marina
in Thailand - from Hungary and on his way back - in a smaller boat
then Cavelamb's.

Regards,

J.B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

cavelamb wrote:

In all honestly for that trip I'd like to have a longer boat.
But this one is perfectly capable.

The only question in my mind is - am I...

Of course, we could be ready a lot sooner if we actually had
*parts*...

You will indeed have it next week.

Its a bit more complicated than Id expected..I thought I had a 1/2"
radius cutter..and cant find it. But its roughed out while I ponder.

Gunner

Thanks, Guns.

The only critical dimension is the slow width.
.255 +.05 -0
And that's just that it not be too narrow for the tab.

What...you dont have a file?????

Gunner

About all I have these days is stone knives and bear claw needles.

But D has an emery board! VBG

Damn...when I ship it to you, Ill include a few files. I have a ****load
of them.

******* and flat, round and triangle? Short on handles though..might
come up with a couple

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

[...]

Cool! though...Im curious..how did he sail to Hungary? Isnt it land
locked?

Gunner, who has an Ensenada 20, a Hobi 16 and a Force 5 (13') at the
moment..none of which has been in the water for at least 2 yrs.

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

[...]

It took a bit of work to find his site again...

http://www.meder.hu/

english press release
http://www.meder.hu/eng/press.pdf

But also:

http://www.upbiz.com/penryn/ballerina/shrimpy.html

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Sail-...World-For-Free
--

Richard Lamb

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power
to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour...
Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will.
Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

[...]

Thanks!!! Interesting reading!!

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

[...]

Google "Danube River".

Gunner, who has an Ensenada 20, a Hobi 16 and a Force 5 (13') at the
moment..none of which has been in the water for at least 2 yrs.

Regards,

J.B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

[...]

That goes to Hungary?...ah yes..Budda and Pest..."slap!!!" upside my own
head.

of course it does. Sorry about that.

Thanks!

45 ACP ammo Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 January 1st 10 03:06 AM
45 ACP ammo Gunner Asch[_5_] Metalworking 2 December 31st 09 01:37 AM
45 ACP ammo Gunner Asch[_5_] Metalworking 0 December 30th 09 12:04 AM
45 ACP ammo Gunner Asch[_5_] Metalworking 0 December 30th 09 12:02 AM
45 ACP ammo Gunner Asch[_5_] Metalworking 0 December 29th 09 11:57 PM