Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 45 ACP ammo

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 03:26:06 -0600, "Lib Loo"
wrote:

"Hawke" wrote in message
Wes wrote:
Hawke wrote:

Don't you think you need a few tons of lead? Gummer thinks he'll use
his. Do you think he will? Or is it just the tendency to acquire stuff
you don't need and then hoard it? As someone that is getting up there in
age my self I know I don't have a lifetime ahead of me. I'm not ever
going to use a lot of stuff I thought I needed. Some people never learn
that and go on acquiring junk they will never use. Lead, need a few
tons?

A ton of lead in grains
14000000 Number of 230g bullets
60869.56522 Days of shooting 100 rounds
608.6956522 Years a ton lasts.
1.66651787

A ton lasts 1.6 years? Lasts who, competitive professional shooters? Most
people will never shoot 60,000 rounds in a lifetime let alone a year and a
half. Very few people shoot 3,000 rounds a month, let alone 36,000 per
year. You will wear out several guns if you shoot 60,000 rounds. They cost
money. So do the components to load 60,000 rounds. Then you have to have
the time to shoot that many rounds. At 56 years old and with medical
problems how many rounds of .45 ACP can someone be expected to shoot per
year, and for how many years? Add those factors up and you find that it's
unlikely that Gummer will ever shoot even a ton of lead in what is left of
his life. You also assumed that all his shooting will be with .45 caliber
ammunition. If you are like me and shoot 9mm and .38 caliber ammo too then
you use even less lead. So although your numbers are correct if you
predict that he'll ever use up that much lead you are not.

Hawke

Silly Hack, always projecting himself. Just because it's more than you can
shoot in a lifetime doesn't mean that everyone else is as pathetic as you
are. Besides, if Gunner takes a couple friends with him when he goes to
shoot, he would go through his ammo in about a third of the time, about half
a year. But then you don't share with, or have any friends, do you?

Im 56 yrs old. According to my records..from ages 26-53..I fired about
9000 lbs of lead down range in handgun ammo alone.

I used to shoot a lot.

Shrug

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766