Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tort reform

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Sat, 26 Dec 2009 01:06:11 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 02:31:47 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

On the other hand..I do hate Leftwingers. But then..they are a threat to
the Nation...

Even you have to admit the leftwingers are in a race to the bottom...

Free fall...from low altitude.

It wont be long before they land on the cast iron fence pickets

You know, if you're not the lead lemming, the scenery never
changes - till the last movement.

What's the motto of a pack of lemmings?
"Trust the Leadership!"

pyotr

p.s. one advantage to being at the back of a pack of lemmings? No
peer pressure.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 17:57:43 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Fri, 25 Dec 2009 22:44:59 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 21:52:15 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Let the Record show that "Michael A. Terrell"
on or about Fri, 25 Dec 2009 14:42:54
-0500 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the
following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:21:30 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

And they are great targets. When you blow one up..nobody cares or misses
them.

As long as you don't do it in the street and scare the horses...

What if the horses are liberals?

Well, horses aren't very bright, or so I'm told. I'm also told
that what most people consider "high spirited" real horsemen (and
women, as in this case; those who made a living on horseback) consider
"hysteric". Which is one more reason mules are so popular for some
kinds of work - they're much more stable (they get that part from the
Donkey side of the family).
So, the modern riding horse, like most liberals, as high strung,
prone to being spooked by the littlest thing. But they are already
-usually- broken to saddle, so they can be useful.
Just keep the flashy shiny things, loud noises and sudden motions
away form them.
Same goes for the horses.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Very very very true!

Which is why most cowboys ride Appy/Crosses.

Mutts. For any serious work - mutts. Dogs, horses, mules - mixed
breeds seem to work best.

They tend to be less "hysterical"

Give me hybrid vigor any day.

Indeed. All my working horses were Mutts..except for Charlie the
mule..and he too was a mutt....G

Gunner

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Sat, 26 Dec 2009 20:47:05 -0800 did write/type or cause to

pyotr filipivich wrote:

[...]

I have to admit, I do not know from expedience. Last time I was
on a horse, it was a retired plow horse, and I was under the age of
five. So I just pass along the words of wisdom from those I know and
respect, about the various qualities of horses, and other critters.

I should have included cats in the "best if a mutt" category.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

[...]

True indeed about cats. Ive a 8 month old male..a true Mutt..curled up
in the middle of my lap as I type this. The cat is one of the most
personable and smartest Ive ever owned..but somewhere he managed to hang
a claw and pull most of that toe out of its socket and loose. He let me
examine the wound..but when I got out the snippers to remove the
toe...he pulled his paw back and refused to give it to me until I put
the snippers away. Smart cat....chuckle. So he is simply going to have
to heal the best he can. Poor ******* keeps hanging that claw on
everything he touches..no control over it..and he will sit there, hung
on a piece of fabric..quietly mewling and waving his other paw at anyone
close to come over and free him. It was utterly astonishing that he did
this the first time..and the second..the third and so forth. He
obviously knows that people can do things he cant..so he is probably one
of the smartest cats Ive ever been blessed with.

Gunner

pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

This is our first white Christmas in years. I'm loving it --
especially since my son is home to do the shoveling. d8-)

We got some of that today too - first time in ages.

Merry White Christmas, ya'll.

Richard

Well, you probably appreciate it even more than we do. Enjoy it; it
won't be around for long.

Merry Christmas to you, too, Richard.

I took pictures already.

D is going to go out and make a snowman (she's never done that!)
and store some snowballs for summer.

Yeah - I know. I remember Bill Cosby's piece about it.
But I don't want to ruin her fun...

As long as she doesn't throw them at ME!

Richard

Revenge!

http://www.willkern.com/Revenge.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...

This is our first white Christmas in years. I'm loving it --
especially since my son is home to do the shoveling. d8-)

We got some of that today too - first time in ages.

Merry White Christmas, ya'll.

Richard

Well, you probably appreciate it even more than we do. Enjoy it; it
won't be around for long.

Merry Christmas to you, too, Richard.

I took pictures already.

D is going to go out and make a snowman (she's never done that!)
and store some snowballs for summer.

Yeah - I know. I remember Bill Cosby's piece about it.
But I don't want to ruin her fun...

As long as she doesn't throw them at ME!

Richard

Revenge!

http://www.willkern.com/Revenge.html

Oh, jeez, if I ever heard that one, I forgot it. But Cosby was from Philly.
I lived in Trenton at that age. Right up the road. Same culture. Slushballs.
Frozen slushballs. And mothers who found out about them and wouldn't let us
throw them in the summer. g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
[...]

Or dropped them in the iced tea pitcher.

It snowed again here tonight.
About 1/2" - wet.

Oh what fun...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
[...]

There is so much for kids to learn about snowball warfare. For example, you
have to make dozens of snowballs and pack them into the sealed ammo lockers
in the walls of your fort. Then, when the cavalry division of the enemy
attacks on sleds, you have an ammo handler in the fort who breaks open the
lockers and keeps feeding you snowballs so you can maintain a heavy
defensive barrage. The slushballs are for last-ditch defense. They're only
fired at close range, because their trajectory arc makes them too easy to
dodge beyond 20 feet or so.

I'll bet that Texas kids never learn these things. Too bad. Oh well, 'hope
they have fun, anyway. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
[...]

Oh don't fret for us, pilgrim.

We have cow pies all year long!

Where do you think the idea for the Frisbee came from?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Fri, 25 Dec 2009 11:44:47 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 11:09:35 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:21:30 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

And they are great targets. When you blow one up..nobody cares or misses
them.

As long as you don't do it in the street and scare the horses...

Oh but of course! There are certain Standards one must observe!

But...one must also allow the dogs and cats to feed on the mush as well.
Afterall..Leftwingers are cheaper than bagged dog food, or even canned
horse meat...and its far far kinder to the wild horses.

Everybody says you're such a hard man, and here I see your concern
for the poor dumb critters of the world. And the animals too. In the
words of Jose Wales "Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."

pyotr

I'm remember a scene from "Winchester 73" I think was the title. James
Stewart rides into a boom town, looking for a place for the night.
Told that bunks are 25 cents, he finds that rather steep. Told that he
can board his horse for the night at the stable across the street for
50 cents, he 'lows as how that's a fair price.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Indeed. Critters are generally far far more valuable and frankly..more
intelligent than most Leftwingers. So are most jellyfish and similar
invertibrates.

And they actually play a roll in the ecology, unlike most Leftwingers.

Note I say Most...not all.

When bulldozed into mass graves..they can actually provide a bit of
fertilizer for plants and vegitation. But only a bit..much along the
lines of cat ****. Some things will grow in it..most things wont.

Gunner