Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tort reform

We hear all this screaming that there has to be tort reform, like it's the
lawyers who need to be reformed. Let me share my story.

In October of 2004, while working for a mega corporation in Las Vegas at a
convention, as a union worker, I was injured by an uninsured unlicensed
contractor.

The man was driving me to get a 10,000# forklift. I was on the back of a
three wheel electric cart, facing backward. It was raining. The man had an
umbrella in front of him to shield himself from the rain. By doing so, he
couldn't see what was coming, and drove us under a parked semi trailer. I
was struck in the rear of the head by the trailer, and hit my head again
when I hit the concrete. Concussion, unconsciousness, cuts, abrasions.

This man was flown out of town within thirty minutes and not drug tested. I
went to the hospital for CAT scans and all sorts of stuff. I spent two
years recovering until I was stable enough to rate medically. During that
time, I talked to my case manager for worker's comp a total of one time. I
had to fight for every test, making appeal after appeal, and waiting to the
29th day of the 30 day legal limit, then they'd approve the test or
treatment. I tried to have my left shoulder treated, but because I signed
some piece of paper in the hospital while still semiconscious and strapped
to a body board, they didn't know about my shoulder at that time. It was
disallowed, and disallowed on appeal.

Five plus years later, I have permanent speech, cognitive, and balance
problems. Memory problems. Headaches. PTSD.

The other day, the letter comes from the lawyer.

Case dismissed under the Richards Decision by the Nevada Supreme Court where
any employee takes as full payment worker's compensation NO MATTER WHAT THE
CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE ACCIDENT WERE. Bought and paid for by lobbyists of the
Nevada corporations.

So, I'm left with lifelong residual effects, and zero compensation, except
for their computed lost wages, and some money to "learn" another job.
Basically about half of what I lost in wages.

Tort reform needs to happen two ways. One for these people who spill hot
coffee in their own laps while juggling Chihuahuas, and people who have a
valid suit, but who lose because of legal chicanery or laws written to
hamstring them.

But it ain't gonna happen. The man with the gold makes the rules, that's
the Golden Rule.

But I believe that every man shall give an accounting of his life at some
time and to some thing, and at those times, I believe they see for the first
time they are in deep deep ****. If there is no God, it don't matter. If
there is, then justice be served.

And then, there's those who will go postal and collect their own debts.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 21:27:45 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

So, I'm left with lifelong residual effects, and zero compensation, except
for their computed lost wages, and some money to "learn" another job.
Basically about half of what I lost in wages.

Tort reform needs to happen two ways. One for these people who spill hot
coffee in their own laps while juggling Chihuahuas, and people who have a
valid suit, but who lose because of legal chicanery or laws written to
hamstring them.

IOW, one set of rules for Steve, and another for everyone else.

Hypocrisy, irony, and cognitive dissonance are the topics for today.
Discuss among yourselves.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

So, I'm left with lifelong residual effects, and zero compensation, except
for their computed lost wages, and some money to "learn" another job.
Basically about half of what I lost in wages.

Tort reform needs to happen two ways. One for these people who spill hot
coffee in their own laps while juggling Chihuahuas, and people who have a
valid suit, but who lose because of legal chicanery or laws written to
hamstring them.

IOW, one set of rules for Steve, and another for everyone else.

Hypocrisy, irony, and cognitive dissonance are the topics for today.
Discuss among yourselves.

--
Ned Simmons

Steve's problem here is not tort lawyers. It's the corporate lobby that made
Workman's Compensation law a one-sided deal that limits the liability of
corporations.

The lawyers are just hired mechanics. It's lobbying that he needs to reform.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

So, I'm left with lifelong residual effects, and zero compensation,
except for their computed lost wages, and some money to "learn"
another job. Basically about half of what I lost in wages.

Tort reform needs to happen two ways. One for these people who
spill hot coffee in their own laps while juggling Chihuahuas, and
people who have a valid suit, but who lose because of legal
chicanery or laws written to hamstring them.

IOW, one set of rules for Steve, and another for everyone else.

Hypocrisy, irony, and cognitive dissonance are the topics for today.
Discuss among yourselves.

--
Ned Simmons

**** you , Neddie . I also got screwed by the system . Hit from behind by
an old man (panicked and hit the GAS) , totalled a motorcycle , nearly
totalled me . I'm also left with permanent problems , and was barely
compensated for my direct losses and medical treatment .
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Then you should be ****ed off at Steve, not me. It's Steve who wants
fair treatment for himself, and everyone else be damned, in his
conception of tort reform.

--
Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote:

I also got screwed by the system . Hit from behind by
an old man (panicked and hit the GAS) , totalled a motorcycle , nearly
totalled me . I'm also left with permanent problems , and was barely
compensated for my direct losses and medical treatment .

Michigan has unlimited medical coverage in our auto insurance. Makes rates higher but if
you get messed up, it is worth it.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 08:53:31 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

So, I'm left with lifelong residual effects, and zero compensation, except
for their computed lost wages, and some money to "learn" another job.
Basically about half of what I lost in wages.

Tort reform needs to happen two ways. One for these people who spill hot
coffee in their own laps while juggling Chihuahuas, and people who have a
valid suit, but who lose because of legal chicanery or laws written to
hamstring them.

IOW, one set of rules for Steve, and another for everyone else.

Hypocrisy, irony, and cognitive dissonance are the topics for today.
Discuss among yourselves.

--
Ned Simmons

Get ****ed, Ned.

Merry Christmas to you too, Steve.

But I'm disappointed. You ought to be able to come up with some
self-serving rationalization for why you should be compensated for
your injury by whoever it was you were suing (who was it, by the
way?), while everyone else can pound sand.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I don't know what Steve's problem is, but I'm guessing its
relationship to lawyers and lobbyists is incidental.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

It sucks that you got a raw deal, but you're not going to collect anything
by "going postal". Stop listening to Gunner and just try to do the bast you
can with what you've got.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

He needs tar babies to blame his troubles on, and he just grabs the softest
targets. It's like Gunner with his liberals.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Merry Christmas, Ed.

And **** you.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"ATP*" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

I do. I have an income stream and security independent of any of that.
That was just going to be for the grandkids. I shall not go postal, but I
have read of many people who have. And in the end, I personally believe
that we all get what we have coming to us. And I do believe that things are
going to get very much worse before anything gets even a tiny bit better.
It don't make much to me, as I don't have a lot of time left anyway. I, as
every generation before me, fear for my children and grandchildren.

Merry Christmas to All.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

And to you, too, Steve. Enjoy your various bigotries, racial and otherwise.
'Tis the season.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

'Tis the season.

--
Ed Huntress

Merry Christmas Ed!

Thanks for being on this group.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Up North" wrote in message
'Tis the season.

--
Ed Huntress

Merry Christmas Ed!

Thanks for being on this group.

Steve

And the same to you in both regards, Steve.

This is our first white Christmas in years. I'm loving it -- especially
since my son is home to do the shoveling. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Up North" wrote in message
'Tis the season.

--
Ed Huntress

Merry Christmas Ed!

Thanks for being on this group.

Steve

And the same to you in both regards, Steve.

This is our first white Christmas in years. I'm loving it -- especially
since my son is home to do the shoveling. d8-)

We got some of that today too - first time in ages.

Merry White Christmas, ya'll.

Richard
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Up North" wrote in message
'Tis the season.

--
Ed Huntress

Merry Christmas Ed!

Thanks for being on this group.

Steve

And the same to you in both regards, Steve.

This is our first white Christmas in years. I'm loving it -- especially
since my son is home to do the shoveling. d8-)

We got some of that today too - first time in ages.

Merry White Christmas, ya'll.

Richard

Well, you probably appreciate it even more than we do. Enjoy it; it won't be
around for long.

Merry Christmas to you, too, Richard.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Up North" wrote in message
'Tis the season.

--
Ed Huntress

Merry Christmas Ed!

Thanks for being on this group.

Steve
And the same to you in both regards, Steve.

This is our first white Christmas in years. I'm loving it -- especially
since my son is home to do the shoveling. d8-)

We got some of that today too - first time in ages.

Merry White Christmas, ya'll.

Richard

Well, you probably appreciate it even more than we do. Enjoy it; it won't be
around for long.

Merry Christmas to you, too, Richard.

I took pictures already.

D is going to go out and make a snowman (she's never done that!)
and store some snowballs for summer.

Yeah - I know. I remember Bill Cosby's piece about it.
But I don't want to ruin her fun...

As long as she doesn't throw them at ME!

Richard
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Up North" wrote in message
'Tis the season.

--
[...]

Oh, boy, you must have *real* snow. Watch out for those frozen snowballs
next summer. They tend to hit pretty hard after spending six months in the
freezer. Ask me how I know. g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I seldom target Liberals.

Leftwingers on the other hand....shrug

Leftwingers are almost human. Not quite..about like a gibbon compared to
a human being.

They are stupid, sub human, loud, tend to throw **** in all directions
and are utterly selfish, outlandish and buffoonish to the nth degree.

Liberals actually have brain cells. Granted..not as many as normal
people..but more than Leftists. Liberals can also grow more, and become
Conservatives. Leftards...shrug..they will never grow the nads nor brain
cells to ever be mistaken for human beings.

And they are great targets. When you blow one up..nobody cares or misses
them.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Up North" wrote in message
'Tis the season.

--
[...]

Yeah. I figured you listened to Bill Cosby records too!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Up North" wrote in message
'Tis the season.

--
[...]

We soaked them in water and then shaved them into cubes on the street. Then
we put wax paper between them and tucked them away in my friend's big
freezer. Those suckers could kill you. Once our mothers found out about
them, the party was over.

'Good thing, probably.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

om...
wrote:

[...]

And thank you. At least I am not a closet bigot. Or some adolescent clique
type old fart that will talk of other people in the third person, but not
have the balls to speak face to face to that person, or when that person is
in the same room. Some people are NOT in my class, I will be first to tell
you that. I don't mind spending time with myself, and I don't require
companionship enough to put up with morons and hypocrites of your ilk.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

"ATP*" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

Merry Christmas, Steve. None of us know for certain how things will turn
out, so don't imagine the worst possible outcome. I think our kids and
grandkids will do just fine.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news:8606j5th3om6uo8gv8ul99baleodg7jhe8@4ax. com...
wrote:

[...]

Yeah, you're a classy guy, all right. May your own company be a comfort to
you in this holiday season, Steve.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Hah. Spent the day with more than a dozen relatives yesterday. Got more
coming to my house today. Family and kids coming in tomorrow because they
had to work today. (LEO's) Bringing the grandkids to stay for a week.
Then we drive to San Diego for a visit with some friends, then off for a
cruise.

I don't spend much time alone, but it doesn't bother me to. I prefer being
alone to spending it with some people.

Do you have this esp all the time, or does it just come and go? And are the
hallucinations getting any better? Maybe time to change those meds.

Love to keep talking to you, but I need to go trim my toenails.

Hope your Christmas is happy, Mr. Scrooge. May the New Year bring you
another plaything to obsess over on the Internet.

Steve, who's off to start some roasts and stuff for the guests.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:21:30 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

And they are great targets. When you blow one up..nobody cares or misses
them.

As long as you don't do it in the street and scare the horses...

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:21:30 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

And they are great targets. When you blow one up..nobody cares or misses
them.

As long as you don't do it in the street and scare the horses...

What if the horses are liberals?

--
Offworld checks no longer accepted!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 11:09:35 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:21:30 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

And they are great targets. When you blow one up..nobody cares or misses
them.

As long as you don't do it in the street and scare the horses...

Oh but of course! There are certain Standards one must observe!

But...one must also allow the dogs and cats to feed on the mush as well.
Afterall..Leftwingers are cheaper than bagged dog food, or even canned
horse meat...and its far far kinder to the wild horses.

Gunner

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 14:42:54 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:21:30 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

And they are great targets. When you blow one up..nobody cares or misses
them.

As long as you don't do it in the street and scare the horses...

What if the horses are liberals?

Horses ass perhaps......

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:21:30 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

And they are great targets. When you blow one up..nobody cares or misses
them.

As long as you don't do it in the street and scare the horses...

What if the horses are liberals?

Horses ass perhaps......

Every horse has one. It's just that some walk backwards.

--
Offworld checks no longer accepted!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:21:30 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

And they are great targets. When you blow one up..nobody cares or misses
them.

As long as you don't do it in the street and scare the horses...

What if the horses are liberals?

--
Offworld checks no longer accepted!

Being full of horse**** does not immediately qualify or identify one as a
liberal!

Look around.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:

Being full of horse**** does not immediately qualify or identify one as a
liberal!

Look around.

I did when I bought this place. The stables are empty, except for
scrap metal.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that "Michael A. Terrell"
on or about Fri, 25 Dec 2009 14:42:54
-0500 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the
following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:21:30 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

And they are great targets. When you blow one up..nobody cares or misses
them.

As long as you don't do it in the street and scare the horses...

What if the horses are liberals?

Well, horses aren't very bright, or so I'm told. I'm also told
that what most people consider "high spirited" real horsemen (and
women, as in this case; those who made a living on horseback) consider
"hysteric". Which is one more reason mules are so popular for some
kinds of work - they're much more stable (they get that part from the
Donkey side of the family).
So, the modern riding horse, like most liberals, as high strung,
prone to being spooked by the littlest thing. But they are already
-usually- broken to saddle, so they can be useful.
Just keep the flashy shiny things, loud noises and sudden motions
away form them.
Same goes for the horses.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

[...]

Very very very true!

Which is why most cowboys ride Appy/Crosses.

They tend to be less "hysterical"

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 22:16:10 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Shrug..Im about as far from being racist as one can be.

Wrong as usual, nitwit. Want to genuinely become "as far from being
racist as one can be"? Then don't hang out with racists, and don't let
their crapola go unanswered.

On the other hand..I do hate Leftwingers.

That's little different from hating minorities, which is why you and
steveb are like two peas in a pod.

But then..they are a threat to
the Nation...

The real threat is ignorance, as people like you and steveb
demonstrate day in and day out.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Even you have to admit the leftwingers are in a race to the bottom...

Free fall...from low altitude.

It won't be long before they land on the cast iron fence pickets.

Where is Gomez Addams when you really need him?

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Even you have to admit the leftwingers are in a race to the bottom...

No, they are monitoring the race to see that everyone else goes to the
bottom, and they shall take the position of the "guard" in this
"guard/prisoner" scenario. There was a famous psychological experiment
decades ago where a psych class in college was divided into guards and
prisoners. A mock jail was set up. Within a couple of weeks, the
personalities changed greatly. It got hostile, and was terminated at the
verge of violence. In our case, they won't be "guards", but simply "public
servants".

Is this race thing all inclusive? If I go watch people drag race, does that
make me a racist? If so, give me a pit pass. I may be a racist, but at
least I'm honest about it.

If leftwingers succeed in making us all lower caste citizens under the
ruling class, will not the ruling class then be considered "racist"? I am
getting sooooooo confused.

Their problem is that they are too stupid to make torches and not
willing to lower themselves to touch a pitchfork, so they will be
defenseless!

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Sat, 26 Dec 2009 01:06:11 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 02:31:47 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

On the other hand..I do hate Leftwingers. But then..they are a threat to
the Nation...

Even you have to admit the leftwingers are in a race to the bottom...

Free fall...from low altitude.

It wont be long before they land on the cast iron fence pickets

You know, if you're not the lead lemming, the scenery never
changes - till the last movement.

What's the motto of a pack of lemmings?
"Trust the Leadership!"

pyotr

p.s. one advantage to being at the back of a pack of lemmings? No
peer pressure.
-