Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default welder advice

aloha metalheads, long time no see...

my friend wants to know what to buy (more or less)
and I thought I'd come here and do some asking
for him. this is what he wrote me :

" I find myself being polite
since I have a question to ask of you. Then I plan on
reverting to my sarcastic true self. My inner white
trash.
ANyway, I am looking to buy a MIG welder, don't
plan on welding big pieces, furniture using tubing 16/18
gage walls, bars up to 1/2 inch or so
and I was looking at a Hobart around $500. Do you have
experience with such things? What advice would you have
before I revert to my old self? What are your preferences/
prejudices? "

t.i.a.

Dar/SHELTECH
http://www.sheltech.net
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:51:51 -0700, sheltech wrote:

aloha metalheads, long time no see...

my friend wants to know what to buy (more or less)
and I thought I'd come here and do some asking
for him. this is what he wrote me :

" I find myself being polite
since I have a question to ask of you. Then I plan on
reverting to my sarcastic true self. My inner white
trash.
ANyway, I am looking to buy a MIG welder, don't
plan on welding big pieces, furniture using tubing 16/18
gage walls, bars up to 1/2 inch or so
and I was looking at a Hobart around $500. Do you have
experience with such things? What advice would you have
before I revert to my old self? What are your preferences/
prejudices? "

t.i.a.

Dar/SHELTECH
http://www.sheltech.net

I might..might have a Miller 35 for sale about that range, as soon as I
go pick it up.

Southern/Central California

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

sheltech wrote:
aloha metalheads, long time no see...

my friend wants to know what to buy (more or less)

(...)

ANyway, I am looking to buy a MIG welder

Check with our friends at:
sci.engr.joining.welding

--Winston

--

On YouTube, all the tools have volume controls.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:
sheltech wrote:
aloha metalheads, long time no see...

my friend wants to know what to buy (more or less)

(...)

ANyway, I am looking to buy a MIG welder

Check with our friends at:
sci.engr.joining.welding

--Winston

ok thanks!

Considering a larger welder, seeking advice/experiences; Shopmate300? HC Metalworking 5 June 24th 08 04:20 AM
Experiences with the Parker Metalworking Plasma-Tec40/160yk plasma cutter/TIG welder/arc welder? Malcolm Metalworking 1 March 10th 06 01:19 PM
advice on MIG welder [email protected] Metalworking 14 November 1st 05 02:25 PM
Advice on buying a welder Heds UK diy 24 April 9th 05 04:32 PM
Welder, too hot or not hot enough John Metalworking 3 July 20th 04 05:44 AM