Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Brass Name Plates

Where can I find the shiny little brass plates that trophy shops glue to
plaques and trophies? I looked at some of the my regular metal vendors, and
they are stupid expensive for brass sheet and I would still have to cut it
which would make it much harder to engrave.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in
:

Where can I find the shiny little brass plates that trophy shops glue
to plaques and trophies? I looked at some of the my regular metal
vendors, and they are stupid expensive for brass sheet and I would
still have to cut it which would make it much harder to engrave.

Google "Trophy Supplies" and you'll find a lot of them.

HTH!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 18, 6:00*pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
Where can I find the shiny little brass plates that trophy shops glue to
plaques and trophies? *I looked at some of the my regular metal vendors, and
they are stupid expensive for brass sheet and I would still have to cut it
which would make it much harder to engrave.

ebay item # 110398782270
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob La Londe writes:

Where can I find the shiny little brass plates that trophy shops glue to
plaques and trophies?

I know you don't want to cut it, but Home Depot sells solid brass door
kickplates. Maybe you have a local architectural recycling place?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
Bob La Londe writes:

Where can I find the shiny little brass plates that trophy shops glue to
plaques and trophies?

I know you don't want to cut it, but Home Depot sells solid brass door
kickplates. Maybe you have a local architectural recycling place?

Anything like that the HD sells, especially steel sheet and aluminum shapes
in the hardware section are some of the most overpriced stuff around.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Try this.
http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/pro...-trophy-plate4

I don't know if they are polished or brushed or just mill finished, but they
are certainly cheap enough.

Paul K. Dickman

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Where can I find the shiny little brass plates that trophy shops glue to
plaques and trophies? I looked at some of the my regular metal vendors,
and they are stupid expensive for brass sheet and I would still have to
cut it which would make it much harder to engrave.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Paul K. Dickman" wrote in message
Try this.
http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/pro...-trophy-plate4

I don't know if they are polished or brushed or just mill finished, but
they are certainly cheap enough.

The 1 X 3 was exactly what I wanted at the right price. I bought 100 of
them. I need about 20 of them by January. 100 should last me 2-3 years.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 16:00:10 -0700, Bob La Londe wrote:

Where can I find the shiny little brass plates that trophy shops glue to
plaques and trophies? I looked at some of the my regular metal vendors,
and they are stupid expensive for brass sheet and I would still have to
cut it which would make it much harder to engrave.

I once got a brass nameplate for a coffin for my GF's dog, who had to be
put down when she got doggy lymphoma at about age 14.

I found one at a kiosk in a large mall, and they even engraved it for me.
Then I had to go to the model train place to get some #2 brass wood screws.

Good Luck!
Rich

Router plates NoSpam UK diy 4 August 13th 07 05:44 PM
Brass plates and brackets, where to get Grunff UK diy 11 December 12th 06 01:06 PM
Refinishing brass plates. Stephen Howard UK diy 11 November 23rd 06 01:53 PM
Face plates or face plates rings? Peter Holt Woodturning 16 June 24th 05 02:40 PM
Where to get an Engraved Brass Plates Joe Adoryan Woodworking 8 September 9th 04 04:55 AM