Joe Adoryan

Default Where to get an Engraved Brass Plates

I'm doing a project for my daughter's 1st birthday and would like to include
a small (approx. 1"X3"), personalized, engraved brass plate. Can anybody
recommend a good sight to order it from? Thank you in advance for your
assistance.

John

Try a local trophy store, usually they can supply the brass plate as
well as do the engraving

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 00:48:51 GMT, "Joe Adoryan"
wrote:

I'm doing a project for my daughter's 1st birthday and would like to include
a small (approx. 1"X3"), personalized, engraved brass plate. Can anybody
recommend a good sight to order it from? Thank you in advance for your
assistance.

Brikp

I have purchased online at http://www.klockit.com/ if I remember correctly.
Not too expensive if I recall. "Things Remembered" at your local mall if
they are still arround.

"Joe Adoryan" wrote in message
m...
I'm doing a project for my daughter's 1st birthday and would like to

include
a small (approx. 1"X3"), personalized, engraved brass plate. Can anybody
recommend a good sight to order it from? Thank you in advance for your
assistance.

Lew Hodgett

"Joe Adoryan" writes:

I'm doing a project for my daughter's 1st birthday and would like to

include
a small (approx. 1"X3"), personalized, engraved brass plate. Can anybody
recommend a good sight to order it from? Thank you in advance for your
assistance.

Find an industrial electrical distributor, especially the Allen-Bradley
motor control distributor and ask them who they use to have special
nameplates engraved.

Probably be some guy who has a side business in his garage.

Probably less than $5 for what you need.

HTH

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures

Dave W

I have used Jewlery stores for engraved plates but have found that they do
not make a deep enough engraving. Additionally, many trophy stores use
brass coated aluminum sheet material. Best bet is to make the plate
yourself and take it to an engraver for the lettering.
Dave

charlie b

Woodcraft catalog has them.

charlie b
Nate Perkins

"Joe Adoryan" wrote in message om...
I'm doing a project for my daughter's 1st birthday and would like to include
a small (approx. 1"X3"), personalized, engraved brass plate. Can anybody
recommend a good sight to order it from? Thank you in advance for your
assistance.

I've had a couple made at a local trophy shop. Around $5-6 including
the engraving. Avoid the mall guys such as "Things Remembered" etc
.... when I priced them they were 4x the cost and the plates were thin
plated steel.