Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default PICTURES of the Milwaukee Bench Grinder

Shows some pictures of repair of the grinder and the assembled grinder.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Milwaukee-Bench-grinder/

As for my vibration issue, I think that I have a good grip on it.

1) Vibration of the mounted abrasive wheel was fixed by dressing it
2) Vibration of the wire brush was UNFIXABLE and was fixed by removing
the wire brush.

Now it runs quietly and does not vibrate too much. It does not go on
spinning for minutes after being turned off, due to friction in
bearing seals and the starting circuit, but that could be actually
better than going on for minutes.

I am not putting it on ebay yet, because I am still considering
swapping my old 1/2 HP Baldor for this 3/4 HP grinder. The end result
of that would be having more grinder and some extra cash.

If I do that I have a 60 grit wheel on it now, and no second wheel
(due to removal of the wirebrush, which I do not need on a grinder).

Would you think that a green wheel would be a better alternative than
a regular wheel?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 20, 11:27*am, Ignoramus21294 ignoramus21...@NOSPAM.
21294.invalid wrote:
[...]

Oh oh. It fell over on the last picture!

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 13:27:16 -0500, Ignoramus21294
wrote:

[...]

How many grinders do you have? One needs at least (2) in any decent
shop.

One with a wire wheel and a Scotchbrite soft wheel

One with a green and a white wheel for grinding cutters

I have 2 grinders...and 3 verticle belt sanders, all hooked up.
(2) 1"x42 and (1) 6"x42

Humm..actually..I have 4 grinders come to think of it..

Makes life a hell of a lot easier

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I have

1) A wire wheel on a 1 HP, TEAO motor
2) A buffer (really a 3/4 HP Baldor grinder) with a buffing wheel and
abrasive 3M wheel
3) A 1/2 HP Baldor abrasive wheel grinder
4) A 1/4 HP diamond wheel grinder

So what I am thinking, is to sell item 4, and replace it with the 3/4
HP Milwaukee.

One with a wire wheel and a Scotchbrite soft wheel

One with a green and a white wheel for grinding cutters

I have 2 grinders...and 3 verticle belt sanders, all hooked up.
(2) 1"x42 and (1) 6"x42

So, are you using those sanders, do you find them useful.

I have a 1/2 HP 3 or 4" wide one, that I was planning on selling, but
perhaps I can be persuaded otherwise.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article
,
" wrote:

Oh oh. It fell over on the last picture!

Paul

I'd have thought Iggy knew better than to let his shop floor go vertical
like that!

Or is his basement in a space station?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Sorry, I mean sell item 3. I reorganized the list and forgot to update
the number.

One with a wire wheel and a Scotchbrite soft wheel

One with a green and a white wheel for grinding cutters

I have 2 grinders...and 3 verticle belt sanders, all hooked up.
(2) 1"x42 and (1) 6"x42

So, are you using those sanders, do you find them useful.

I have a 1/2 HP 3 or 4" wide one, that I was planning on selling, but
perhaps I can be persuaded otherwise.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-10-20, John Husvar wrote:
In article
,
" wrote:

Oh oh. It fell over on the last picture!

Paul

I'd have thought Iggy knew better than to let his shop floor go vertical
like that!

Or is his basement in a space station?

It was a minor alien abduction
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

How many grinders do you have? One needs at least (2) in any decent
shop.

How many for an indecent shop? ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I use them far more than I use the grinders. From everything to shaping
lathe bits, to sharpening drills, to simply hogging off metal from
weldments, to taking off wood to flattening Stuff.

I have a 1/2 HP 3 or 4" wide one, that I was planning on selling, but
perhaps I can be persuaded otherwise.

Its what you are used to..and what you are doing.

btw...

http://barbkat.com/

Is where you should by buying your belts from.

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 18:59:12 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

How many grinders do you have? One needs at least (2) in any decent
shop.

How many for an indecent shop? ;-)

1.

And that a tiny little Chicom jobby labled as 1/2 hp but there is an 1/8
hp winding in it.

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

How many grinders do you have? One needs at least (2) in any decent
shop.

How many for an indecent shop? ;-)

1.

And that a tiny little Chicom jobby labled as 1/2 hp but there is an 1/8
hp winding in it.

I meant the OTHER kind of indecent shop. You know, the kind TMT and
Hawkie long to go to, but are afraid the cops will record their license
plate numbers.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

How many grinders do you have? One needs at least (2) in any decent
shop.

How many for an indecent shop? ;-)

1.

And that a tiny little Chicom jobby labled as 1/2 hp but there is an 1/8
hp winding in it.

Gunner

That's what I bought for $1 and gave to Junior - he says he has a
grinder that he can stall, but he has a grinder. Maybe, when he has
more space, he will have bigger and better!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,

On 2009-10-20, John Husvar wrote:
In article
,
" wrote:

Oh oh. It fell over on the last picture!

Paul

I'd have thought Iggy knew better than to let his shop floor go vertical
like that!

Or is his basement in a space station?

It was a minor alien abduction

Man, be careful!

You can get in a lot of trouble over those minor aliens! It's so hard to
tell if they're over 1500 or not, what with FTL distortions.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that "Michael A. Terrell"
on or about Tue, 20 Oct 2009 18:59:12
-0400 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the
following:

Gunner Asch wrote:

How many grinders do you have? One needs at least (2) in any decent
shop.

How many for an indecent shop? ;-)

I suspect that you need only one, but make sure it has switch you
just need to tap to start.

That way, you can bump and grind.

tschus
pyotr

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

How many grinders do you have? One needs at least (2) in any decent
shop.

How many for an indecent shop? ;-)

I suspect that you need only one, but make sure it has switch you
just need to tap to start.

That way, you can bump and grind.

Kind of like the footswitch on my drill press?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that "Michael A. Terrell"
on or about Wed, 21 Oct 2009 21:14:11

Gunner Asch wrote:

How many grinders do you have? One needs at least (2) in any decent
shop.

How many for an indecent shop? ;-)

I suspect that you need only one, but make sure it has switch you
just need to tap to start.

That way, you can bump and grind.

Kind of like the footswitch on my drill press?

Depends on what you are drilling ... B-)
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

How many grinders do you have? One needs at least (2) in any decent
shop.

How many for an indecent shop? ;-)

I suspect that you need only one, but make sure it has switch you
just need to tap to start.

That way, you can bump and grind.

Kind of like the footswitch on my drill press?

Depends on what you are drilling ... B-)

Well this is a metalworking group, so you decide.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that "Michael A. Terrell"
on or about Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:35:52

Gunner Asch wrote:

How many grinders do you have? One needs at least (2) in any decent
shop.

How many for an indecent shop? ;-)

I suspect that you need only one, but make sure it has switch you
just need to tap to start.

That way, you can bump and grind.

Kind of like the footswitch on my drill press?

Depends on what you are drilling ... B-)

Well this is a metalworking group, so you decide.

"Man of Steel ..." Never mind.

I'm just glad this isn't going to degenerate into observations on
how it appears the Senator has changed his position on off shore
drilling." Because that would be tasteless.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

(...)

I'm just glad this isn't going to degenerate into observations on
how it appears the Senator has changed his position on off shore
drilling." Because that would be tasteless.

At least it wouldn't be boring.

Well, it *would* be boring. But not boring.

No, wait...

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'm just glad this isn't going to degenerate into observations on
how it appears the Senator has changed his position on off shore
drilling." Because that would be tasteless.

I wonder how the discussion turned from "PICTURES of the Milwaukee
Bench Grinder" to discussion of tasteless offshore drilling senators.
Seems that it took a few turns to get here from there.