Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Kwik-Way Grinder Information - Pictures

I found this vintage Kwik-Way grinder from the 30's and I was wondering
If anyone has a manual for it. It's a valve grinder but it also has a
powered head for grinding between centers. It's a real cool machine
with all kinds of do-dads. I used it to clean up the shank on some
reamers.

Here's a couple more pictures. In the first one I'm using the machine
to clean up a reamer shank. The second one is an accessory I found
rusting in a pile of crap in the same building where the grinder was.
The second accessory couples with the power head and turns a rod
perpendicular to the grinding wheel. It supports the part between three
wheels. You can drop the rod out quickly by use of a hand lever.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/Kwik-Way.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/Kwik-Way.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...k-Way-ACC1.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hey Gunner.

Jeff said it was too old and they have no information on it. He was
very surprised at the age and lauged about the open belts not being
OSHA approved. He said their information goes back to the 40's and this
one is older.

Thanks for your help Gunner. I'm going to call Dave Sobel and see if he
knows anything about it. I'm lucky that it apprears to be very complete
because parts would be impossible to find.

Dave