Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] pdrahn@coinet.com is offline

Default PICTURES of the Milwaukee Bench Grinder

On Oct 20, 11:27*am, Ignoramus21294 ignoramus21...@NOSPAM.
21294.invalid wrote:
Shows some pictures of repair of the grinder and the assembled grinder.

* * *http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Milwaukee-Bench-grinder/

As for my vibration issue, I think that I have a good grip on it.

1) Vibration of the mounted abrasive wheel was fixed by dressing it
2) Vibration of the wire brush was UNFIXABLE and was fixed by removing
the wire brush.

Now it runs quietly and does not vibrate too much. It does not go on
spinning for minutes after being turned off, due to friction in
bearing seals and the starting circuit, but that could be actually
better than going on for minutes.

I am not putting it on ebay yet, because I am still considering
swapping my old 1/2 HP Baldor for this 3/4 HP grinder. The end result
of that would be having more grinder and some extra cash.

If I do that I have a 60 grit wheel on it now, and no second wheel
(due to removal of the wirebrush, which I do not need on a grinder).

Would you think that a green wheel would be a better alternative than
a regular wheel?

Oh oh. It fell over on the last picture!

Paul