Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 5052 H38 sheet .020" and .080'

CaliforniaMetals does not show 5052H38

Eastern Metals supply of Texas does not do business
on line ..

Where can i get 5052 H38 ?

For aircraft . 2024-T3 is too expensive .

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:55:21 -0700 (PDT), heytwo
wrote:

CaliforniaMetals does not show 5052H38

Eastern Metals supply of Texas does not do business
on line ..

Where can i get 5052 H38 ?

For aircraft . 2024-T3 is too expensive .

Hey heytwo,

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty current catalog makes note of 5052-38
specs, but don't show a catalog list, although they do have sheet in
5052-32. I've used the 5052-32 to make welded fuel tanks for a Murphy
Rebel. They are quite helpful, so maybe contacting them would be
worth while.

www.aircraftspruce.com

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You might have better luck in metric sizes.
..5mm = .0195 and 2mm = .078

And knock off the welder whine if you want
help here.

-jim

heytwo wrote:

CaliforniaMetals does not show 5052H38

Eastern Metals supply of Texas does not do business
on line ..

Where can i get 5052 H38 ?

For aircraft . 2024-T3 is too expensive .

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

heytwo wrote:

CaliforniaMetals does not show 5052H38

Eastern Metals supply of Texas does not do business
on line ..

Where can i get 5052 H38 ?

For aircraft . 2024-T3 is too expensive .

You really want to substitute 5052 H38 for 2024 T3 for aircraft structure
- because 2024-T3 is too expensive?

Do know that's only half the yield strength?
And just over half the ultimate tensile strength?

Why do I get the feeling I'm talking to a troll?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb wrote in rec.crafts.metalworking:

Why do I get the feeling I'm talking to a troll?

Experience with Trolls...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You really want to substitute 5052 H38 for 2024 T3 for aircraft structure
- because 2024-T3 is too expensive?

Do know that's only half the yield strength?
And just over half the ultimate tensile strength?

What do you mean substitute !! FOOL ,

im building , you're flaming .

You must be related to the welder saleman JEW

Simon K of Longevity-inc ...

Latest is Acura V6 engines adapted to aircraft .

Lighter weight than other engines . Head gasket is thin alum

and sticks out into airstream for cooling .

Advantage of DIY head gaskets , is you can stamp a pattern in the

alum , to make a labrynth seal around the cylinder seal .

DIY Propellor hub uses $5 tapered rollers ( L68149) in DOM tube .

Prop is 4 blade , simatar , with variable pitch . Each blade screws

on a stud at the hub , also hinges the blade for var' pitch .

A line shaft fwd couples to a chain drive down to V6 .

Turbo is for altitude , not inc' takeoff power .

I tried to buy from UnitedAluminum , but the

"Trade-Unionist salesman , went off on an investigation ,

asking me unrelated questions about my company .

You cant sell me anything , by ASKING me questions !

You must ANSWER my questions on price and avail'

I know more than they do , about Aluminum !

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 17, 11:43*am, heytwo wrote:
You really want to substitute 5052 H38 for 2024 T3 for aircraft structure

..
* What do you mean substitute !! * *FOOL ,
* *im building , you're flaming .
* *You must be related to the *welder saleman JEW
* *Simon K of Longevity-inc ...
* *I know more than they do , about Aluminum !

Are you the Tom Scott from Arizona formerly known here as A.....z?