Default Cutting "square" holes in sheet metal?

How would I go about cutting small 1/4 inch square holes in 10 gauge
sheet sheet metal?

Kelley Mascher

A Roper Whitney No.8 will do it.

Kelley

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 21:44:43 -0500, Stephen Young
wrote:

Grant Erwin wrote:
wrote:

How would I go about cutting small 1/4 inch square holes in 10 gauge
sheet metal?

If I had to do 2 or 3 holes, I'd drill them undersize and file them. If
I had to do hundreds and hundreds, I'd invest in a square hole punch and
die for a Whitney hand punch. In between? ..

GWE

A Whitney hand punch for 10 gauge!?!?!

Stephen Young

Kelley Mascher wrote:
A Roper Whitney No.8 will do it.

When I read "hand punch" I envision a No. 5 Jr or the XX. These you can
use with 1 hand. The No.8 needs 2 hands or a bench mounting device or
something similar to use 1 hand.