Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
heytwo heytwo is offline

Default 5052 H38 sheet .020" and .080'

You really want to substitute 5052 H38 for 2024 T3 for aircraft structure
- because 2024-T3 is too expensive?

Do know that's only half the yield strength?
And just over half the ultimate tensile strength?

What do you mean substitute !! FOOL ,

im building , you're flaming .

You must be related to the welder saleman JEW

Simon K of Longevity-inc ...

Latest is Acura V6 engines adapted to aircraft .

Lighter weight than other engines . Head gasket is thin alum

and sticks out into airstream for cooling .

Advantage of DIY head gaskets , is you can stamp a pattern in the

alum , to make a labrynth seal around the cylinder seal .

DIY Propellor hub uses $5 tapered rollers ( L68149) in DOM tube .

Prop is 4 blade , simatar , with variable pitch . Each blade screws

on a stud at the hub , also hinges the blade for var' pitch .

A line shaft fwd couples to a chain drive down to V6 .

Turbo is for altitude , not inc' takeoff power .

I tried to buy from UnitedAluminum , but the

"Trade-Unionist salesman , went off on an investigation ,

asking me unrelated questions about my company .

You cant sell me anything , by ASKING me questions !

You must ANSWER my questions on price and avail'

I know more than they do , about Aluminum !