Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A good day, metal related.

Had a good day today. Uncle wasn't sick anymore so he came over to help drywall the
machine room out in the garage. We sure wouldn't earn a living doing this. We are way
too slow. Having the machines in the way doesn't add to our speed.

I have 2 1/2 sheets to go, I can start putting devices in most of the utility boxes, and
after a nailer over head get put in, I have a room that can be heated with my lathe and
bridgeport inside.

Snowed today, didn't stick, supposed to snow again tonight but be sunny tomorrow. I'll
head over to homedespot at get the three sheets in the morning, weather permitting.

The main project for this winter which may take years is to build a RG&G .22 cal Gatling
gun. http://www.gatlingguns.net/

I'm sure there will be a lot of side projects such as a collet closer for the lathe for
starts.

If Bruce is paying attention, who makes a decent set back thermostat for an electric
baseboard heater?

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 19:42:20 -0400, Wes wrote:

Snowed today, didn't stick, supposed to snow again tonight but be sunny tomorrow. I'll
head over to homedespot at get the three sheets in the morning, weather permitting.

The main project for this winter which may take years is to build a RG&G .22 cal Gatling
gun. http://www.gatlingguns.net/

NICE!!!

I wonder what it would take to size it up for .38 Special or 357 Mag?

And I wonder if one could add a small electric motor mount around the
crank shaft..not adding a motor of course! That would be Illegal as
hell!

But it would be a nice thing to have a decorative gizmo similar to an
electric motor mount on the gun, wouldnt it? For something Simliar to a
small 12vt DC electric motor..but not the motor of course. Just the
wiring, motor mount, firing switch and so forth. For..ah..er...for a
Stereo! Thats it..for mounting a stereo on the gun!!!

Hummmm........

How much were the plans?

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 02:56:56 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 19:42:20 -0400, Wes wrote:

Snowed today, didn't stick, supposed to snow again tonight but be sunny tomorrow. I'll
head over to homedespot at get the three sheets in the morning, weather permitting.

The main project for this winter which may take years is to build a RG&G .22 cal Gatling
gun. http://www.gatlingguns.net/

NICE!!!

I wonder what it would take to size it up for .38 Special or 357 Mag?

Quite a bit, I'd imagine. Stresses would skyrocket.

And I wonder if one could add a small electric motor mount around the
crank shaft..not adding a motor of course! That would be Illegal as
hell!

Ayup, prolly so.

But it would be a nice thing to have a decorative gizmo similar to an
electric motor mount on the gun, wouldnt it? For something Simliar to a
small 12vt DC electric motor..but not the motor of course. Just the
wiring, motor mount, firing switch and so forth. For..ah..er...for a
Stereo! Thats it..for mounting a stereo on the gun!!!

Hummmm........

How much were the plans?

Only about $60 for BPs, but $10,900 for a complete gun. thud

--
Seen on a bumper sticker: ARM THE HOMELESS
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Only about $60 for BPs, but $10,900 for a complete gun. thud

Yup, there is a bit of machining and assembly required. So far I have about 700 dollars
into it and I haven't made a chip yet.

Wes
--

Someone please resolve for me the dichotomy of 'ignorance of the law is no defense'
with congress critters telling me they don't read the
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 18:38:09 -0400, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Only about $60 for BPs, but $10,900 for a complete gun. thud

Yup, there is a bit of machining and assembly required. So far I have about 700 dollars
into it and I haven't made a chip yet.

How do the costs break down, Wes? Spill!

--
The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life,
acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

How do the costs break down, Wes? Spill!

I see RGG sells material kits for 719.00.

My current total is for raw material, screws, pins, spring wire, gears, and the reamers I
need. I remember this from a year and a half ago when I was buying stuff. What you want?
My invoices?

The gun carriage will be made out of oak. I think I have some out in the wood pile or
over at uncles or brothers. I know we sawed some up over the years. Uncle and I are
partners in a DIY band mill.

The wheels could be fun. The idea of shrinking a steel tire over a wheel sounds more
appealing than just putting a brass decorative strip on.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 19:42:20 -0400, Wes wrote:

Snowed today, didn't stick, supposed to snow again tonight but be sunny tomorrow. I'll
head over to homedespot at get the three sheets in the morning, weather permitting.

The main project for this winter which may take years is to build a RG&G .22 cal Gatling
gun. http://www.gatlingguns.net/

NICE!!!

I wonder what it would take to size it up for .38 Special or 357 Mag?

More effort than I am willing to put out. Besides, .22 is something I can afford to
shoot.

And I wonder if one could add a small electric motor mount around the
crank shaft..not adding a motor of course! That would be Illegal as
hell!

But it would be a nice thing to have a decorative gizmo similar to an
electric motor mount on the gun, wouldnt it? For something Simliar to a
small 12vt DC electric motor..but not the motor of course. Just the
wiring, motor mount, firing switch and so forth. For..ah..er...for a
Stereo! Thats it..for mounting a stereo on the gun!!!

I think I'll just avoid prison on that one.

Hummmm........

How much were the plans?

I think I spent 55 bucks but I bought them a couple years ago.