Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Fosdick drill press company

Are they still in business, could not find anything

** Sent from my Google phone ** I apologize for any typos **
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus9171" wrote in message
Are they still in business, could not find anything

** Sent from my Google phone ** I apologize for any typos **

Sounds like a fearless business. :)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 9, 6:10*pm, Ignoramus9171
wrote:
Are they still in business, could not find anything

** Sent from my Google phone ** I apologize for any typos **

I dont' think so, but they make a heck of a drill. I had one a while
ago. Ii weighed around 2500". Lot of iron in it. Weighed almost as
much as my Dad's radial drill.

JW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 16:52:23 -0700, the infamous "Calif Bill"
scrawled the following:

"Ignoramus9171" wrote in message
m...
Are they still in business, could not find anything

** Sent from my Google phone ** I apologize for any typos **

Sounds like a fearless business. :)

Right you are, Mr. Tracy.

--
Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite
at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Are they still in business, could not find anything

** Sent from my Google phone ** I apologize for any typos **

I dont' think so, but they make a heck of a drill. I had one a while
ago. Ii weighed around 2500". Lot of iron in it. Weighed almost as
much as my Dad's radial drill.

I looked at one today, someone was selling it. What an amazing
machine. I wish I had space for it. Pictures are he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Fosdick-Drill-Press/

This machine probably weighs 1,300 lbs or so.

If I get the price down to $200 or so, maybe I will reconsider.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Are they still in business, could not find anything

** Sent from my Google phone ** I apologize for any typos **

I dont' think so, but they make a heck of a drill. I had one a while
ago. Ii weighed around 2500". Lot of iron in it. Weighed almost as
much as my Dad's radial drill.

I looked at one today, someone was selling it. What an amazing
machine. I wish I had space for it. Pictures are he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Fosdick-Drill-Press/

This machine probably weighs 1,300 lbs or so.

If I get the price down to $200 or so, maybe I will reconsider.

The only Fosdick we ever interfaced with had a MT3 taper spindle and quite a
heavy duty quill. I call those machines, and many of the others in their
class WWII machines since they were usually made during that time period AND
survived until today.

Some other brands that were once made huge and impressive:

Buffalo
Cincinnati Bickford
Clausing
Daytons
Delta Rockwell (?)
Enco
Ibarmia
Juaristi
Manhattan Supply
Palmgren
Republic Lagoon
Rockford
Solberga (Willis Solberga now?)
Sterlitamak
Summit
Willis
Wisconsin

Almost any radial arm drill press made before 1975...

Not all drill press-only machines, but all quite useful at times for big
manual drilling jobs.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Are they still in business, could not find anything

** Sent from my Google phone ** I apologize for any typos **

I dont' think so, but they make a heck of a drill. *I had one a while
ago. *Ii weighed around 2500". *Lot of iron in it. *Weighed almost as
much as my Dad's radial drill.

I looked at one today, someone was selling it. What an amazing
machine. I wish I had space for it. Pictures are he

* * * * *http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Fosdick-Drill-Press/

This machine probably weighs 1,300 lbs or so.

If I get the price down to $200 or so, maybe I will reconsider.

Looks like a smaller version of the drill I had. Mine was a 24"
Drill. It was big. MT3, which is why I got rid of it. Nothing wrong
with MT3, but my other press was MT4, and so is Dad's. Common tooling
is nice.

JW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-10, cyberzl1 wrote:

Looks like a smaller version of the drill I had. Mine was a 24"
Drill. It was big. MT3, which is why I got rid of it. Nothing wrong
with MT3, but my other press was MT4, and so is Dad's. Common tooling
is nice.

It is nice to have a daddy with a MT4 drill press.

The only drill my Dad has is a 1/4" handheld drill. He is not using it
much.

Anyway, I would imagine that much of your time is spend with reducing
Morse adaptors. Want a MT4 to MT1 adaptor?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 10, 1:39*pm, Ignoramus12651 ignoramus12...@NOSPAM.
On 2009-09-10, cyberzl1 wrote:

Looks like a smaller version of the drill I had. *Mine was a 24"
Drill. *It was big. *MT3, which is why I got rid of it. *Nothing wrong
with MT3, but my other press was MT4, and so is Dad's. *Common tooling
is nice.

It is nice to have a daddy with a MT4 drill press.

The only drill my Dad has is a 1/4" handheld drill. He is not using it
much.

Anyway, I would imagine that much of your time is spend with reducing
Morse adaptors. Want a MT4 to MT1 adaptor?

Hmm? We both have MT4. Couple of good Jacob's chucks with MT4
shank. We have some taper shank drills, but pretty random (and big,
2"+).

Jw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Anyway, I would imagine that much of your time is spend with reducing
Morse adaptors. Want a MT4 to MT1 adaptor?

Yes, it would take me three adapters to that now. Don't know that I'd ever
run that small a drill in my radial arm unit but at least I could.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:39:29 -0500, Ignoramus12651

On 2009-09-10, cyberzl1 wrote:

Looks like a smaller version of the drill I had. Mine was a 24"
Drill. It was big. MT3, which is why I got rid of it. Nothing wrong
with MT3, but my other press was MT4, and so is Dad's. Common tooling
is nice.

It is nice to have a daddy with a MT4 drill press.

The only drill my Dad has is a 1/4" handheld drill. He is not using it
much.

Anyway, I would imagine that much of your time is spend with reducing
Morse adaptors. Want a MT4 to MT1 adaptor?

How about MT4 to JT0?
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-10, cyberzl1 wrote:

Looks like a smaller version of the drill I had. Mine was a 24"
Drill. It was big. MT3, which is why I got rid of it. Nothing wrong
with MT3, but my other press was MT4, and so is Dad's. Common tooling
is nice.

It is nice to have a daddy with a MT4 drill press.

The only drill my Dad has is a 1/4" handheld drill. He is not using it
much.

Anyway, I would imagine that much of your time is spend with reducing
Morse adaptors. Want a MT4 to MT1 adaptor?

My dad's machine shop had a very similar drill. Drilled thousands of 1"
holes in 1" plate with that unit. For the base of Padeyes that we welded on
to ships that were being scrapped. weld on the padeye to the deck, hook up
a crane and cut deck out of ship. Load holds with scrap metal, replace deck
and weld it closed. Tow boat to Japan. Late 1950's. Sack a bunch of
bases, and turn on the coolent and autofeed the drill.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Are they still in business, could not find anything

** Sent from my Google phone ** I apologize for any typos **

I dont' think so, but they make a heck of a drill. I had one a while
ago. Ii weighed around 2500". Lot of iron in it. Weighed almost as
much as my Dad's radial drill.

I looked at one today, someone was selling it. What an amazing
machine. I wish I had space for it. Pictures are he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Fosdick-Drill-Press/

This machine probably weighs 1,300 lbs or so.

If I get the price down to $200 or so, maybe I will reconsider.

While its cool, neat, amazing, boffo, astounding and really really far
out maaan...why would you but it? Its ****ing HUGE.

Now do you normally run 3" bits in your shop?

I dont. So stick with either my mills, or the 1hp Delta drill press.

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-12, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Fosdick-Drill-Press/

If I get the price down to $200 or so, maybe I will reconsider.

While its cool, neat, amazing, boffo, astounding and really really far
out maaan...why would you but it? Its ****ing HUGE.

Now do you normally run 3" bits in your shop?

I dont. So stick with either my mills, or the 1hp Delta drill press.

I just like it, because it is cool, neat, amazing, boffo, astounding
and really really far out.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news
On 2009-09-12, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Fosdick-Drill-Press/

If I get the price down to $200 or so, maybe I will reconsider.

While its cool, neat, amazing, boffo, astounding and really really far
out maaan...why would you but it? Its ****ing HUGE.

Now do you normally run 3" bits in your shop?

I dont. So stick with either my mills, or the 1hp Delta drill press.

I just like it, because it is cool, neat, amazing, boffo, astounding
and really really far out.

geez - why is it that I can't find a guy like you out here on the left coast
to take this darned Gallmeyer and Livingston universal grinder - it has all
those ajectives also, and you (or your west coast clone) can have it at your
price......

or this burgmaster 6 spindle drill press at about the same price....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-12, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Fosdick-Drill-Press/

If I get the price down to $200 or so, maybe I will reconsider.

While its cool, neat, amazing, boffo, astounding and really really far
out maaan...why would you but it? Its ****ing HUGE.

Now do you normally run 3" bits in your shop?

I dont. So stick with either my mills, or the 1hp Delta drill press.

I just like it, because it is cool, neat, amazing, boffo, astounding
and really really far out.

geez - why is it that I can't find a guy like you out here on the left coast
to take this darned Gallmeyer and Livingston universal grinder - it has all
those ajectives also, and you (or your west coast clone) can have it at your
price......

or this burgmaster 6 spindle drill press at about the same price....

post picture of the burgmaster...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-12, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Fosdick-Drill-Press/

If I get the price down to $200 or so, maybe I will reconsider.

While its cool, neat, amazing, boffo, astounding and really really far
out maaan...why would you but it? Its ****ing HUGE.

Now do you normally run 3" bits in your shop?

I dont. So stick with either my mills, or the 1hp Delta drill press.

I just like it, because it is cool, neat, amazing, boffo, astounding
and really really far out.

geez - why is it that I can't find a guy like you out here on the left coast
to take this darned Gallmeyer and Livingston universal grinder - it has all
those ajectives also, and you (or your west coast clone) can have it at your
price......

or this burgmaster 6 spindle drill press at about the same price....

Burgmeister? Which one?

Gunner

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

geez - why is it that I can't find a guy like you out here on the left
coast
to take this darned Gallmeyer and Livingston universal grinder - it has
all
those ajectives also, and you (or your west coast clone) can have it at
your
price......

or this burgmaster 6 spindle drill press at about the same price....

post picture of the burgmaster...

sent to you directly - if anyone else wants a copy of these photos, just ask