Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Joe AutoDrill[_2_] is offline

Default Fosdick drill press company

On 2009-09-10, cyberzl1 wrote:
On Sep 9, 6:10?pm, Ignoramus9171
wrote:
Are they still in business, could not find anything

** Sent from my Google phone ** I apologize for any typos **

I dont' think so, but they make a heck of a drill. I had one a while
ago. Ii weighed around 2500". Lot of iron in it. Weighed almost as
much as my Dad's radial drill.

I looked at one today, someone was selling it. What an amazing
machine. I wish I had space for it. Pictures are he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Fosdick-Drill-Press/

This machine probably weighs 1,300 lbs or so.

If I get the price down to $200 or so, maybe I will reconsider.

The only Fosdick we ever interfaced with had a MT3 taper spindle and quite a
heavy duty quill. I call those machines, and many of the others in their
class WWII machines since they were usually made during that time period AND
survived until today.

Some other brands that were once made huge and impressive:

Buffalo
Cincinnati Bickford
Clausing
Daytons
Delta Rockwell (?)
Enco
Ibarmia
Juaristi
Manhattan Supply
Palmgren
Republic Lagoon
Rockford
Solberga (Willis Solberga now?)
Sterlitamak
Summit
Willis
Wisconsin

Almost any radial arm drill press made before 1975...

Not all drill press-only machines, but all quite useful at times for big
manual drilling jobs.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.