Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default high temp thread lubrication?

On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 17:24:45 GMT, the infamous Grant
scrawled the following:

Tim wrote:
"Grant" wrote in message
I have recently acquired a large ceramic outdoor cooker. The top damper
threads up and down to open/close. Temps inside can reach 800F, so the
thread (3/4-10) needs some unusual lubrication. At the same time, you don't
want anything that will drip onto the food, or dry up and flake toxic stuff
onto the food.

These cookers have a recurrent problem with stuck top dampers. I am sure
that some kind of anti-sieze or hi-temp grease must exist that will work.

Ideas?

GWE

Phillips Milk of Magnesia, you can buy it at most grocery or drug stores.

We have used it with great results for assembly/disassemble of heat treating
fixtures.

You're kidding! Just goop it on there? Isn't that stuff runny?

I'll bet an acid brush would be a good applicator for that goop.

--
It's a great life...once you weaken.
--author James Hogan

high temp thread lubrication? Wes[_2_] Metalworking 1 September 5th 09 05:47 AM
Need high temp fiberglass insulation RoyJ Metalworking 8 April 25th 08 03:36 PM
High temp silicone visionset UK diy 4 September 20th 07 11:43 PM
High temp. connectors? Phil Scott Electronics Repair 2 May 1st 05 04:51 PM
High temp. connectors? Asimov Electronics Repair 1 April 26th 05 11:32 PM