Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default High temp silicone

Where acn I get this? I've seen screwfix do it in some garish colour with a
rating upto ~300°C
My ClearView has black stuff inside to locate the firebricks, surely 300°C,
no??
I'd like it in black or clear, seen it anywhere?

--
TIA
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 18:35:23 GMT, "visionset"
wrote:

Where acn I get this? I've seen screwfix do it in some garish colour with a
rating upto ~300°C
My ClearView has black stuff inside to locate the firebricks, surely 300°C,
no??
I'd like it in black or clear, seen it anywhere?

Google for Silcoset 158

Silcoset 158 Adhesive - TRS10

ENGINEERING ADHESIVE SEALANT
High Temperature Performance Silicone
Fits:
Silcoset 158
1008A
Details:
Colour: BLACK
Volume: 75ml (0.16pint)

1 Pack of 1 Item

£8.31 (£9.76 incl. VAT)

Available from Ezee Fix

www.ezee-fix.co.uk

DG

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Derek Geldard" wrote in message

Google for Silcoset 158

Silcoset 158 Adhesive - TRS10

ENGINEERING ADHESIVE SEALANT
High Temperature Performance Silicone
Fits:
Silcoset 158
1008A
Details:
Colour: BLACK
Volume: 75ml (0.16pint)

1 Pack of 1 Item

£8.31 (£9.76 incl. VAT)

Available from Ezee Fix

www.ezee-fix.co.uk

DG

Very expensive, and nowhere else were any cheaper that I could find, and
only good upto 300°C. Perhaps 300 is good enough.
Anyone else got a source of something similar?

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It's a good bit cheaper at www.rswww.co.uk Ca. half price.

and
only good upto 300°C. Perhaps 300 is good enough.

There's rather more 250300 stuff about.

I only needed it to refix a glass oven door one 75 ml tube was enough.

Is the cost issue because you'll need a lot of it?

If so on the rswww site they have some 250c (continuous) / 300
(intermittent) stuff that's about 6 quid for a 310 ml cartidge gun
package

Plumba -Flue, article no. 423-6938 a Corning product.

"Ideal for applications such as sealing gas flues and chimneys, and
high-temperature food contact applications e.g. Installation of an Aga
range cooker or similar"

Anyone else got a source of something similar?

DG

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
visionset wrote:
Very expensive, and nowhere else were any cheaper that I could find, and
only good upto 300°C. Perhaps 300 is good enough.
Anyone else got a source of something similar?

You could try a good motor factor - it's used on exhausts these days. The
stuff I saw being used came in the normal tubes that fit a sealant gun. It
was clear.

--
*Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.