Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default GFCI in ceiling...

Inspector told me I need my outlets for lights and future garage door
opener in the ceiling GFCI protected. My 100 amp panel I bought comes
with 4 20 amp breakers as well as the 100 amp main breaker.

Obviously installign GCI outlets in the ceiling is out because if they
trip I would have to get a ladder to reset it.

Probably the best thing to do is to go and buy some GFCI breakers.

I also have the option on at least one circuit to install a GFCI
outlet along the wall and wire that to the ceiling outlets. But this
seems like it is not the "right" way to do it. Someone other than me
might not figure out if the ceilign outlets tripped, where to reset
them?

What would you do?

GFCI outlets required with a GFCI Breaker? [email protected] Home Repair 17 August 3rd 08 07:06 PM
Two adjacent ceiling lights. Need two ceiling boxes? fourrings Home Repair 11 November 14th 07 02:15 PM
Sheetrock ceiling vs. drop ceiling tiles bluerock1 Home Repair 4 November 8th 06 05:10 AM
Old Ceiling Fan/Light gone with two wires coming from the ceiling CJ Home Repair 2 April 19th 06 03:22 PM
GFCI outlets vs. GFCI breakers? Alan Beagley Home Repair 10 October 30th 03 05:44 PM