Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default He's trying to change election rules—again.

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

He also isn't trying to change anything. He's asked the duly elected
officials of the State to do that.

That is the most illogical paragraph I've ever read from you. Not that I'm so great with
phrasing some days.

He is asking duly elected officals to change succession for him, just like the last time
with Kerry but opposite.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

He also isn't trying to change anything. He's asked the duly elected
officials of the State to do that.

That is the most illogical paragraph I've ever read from you. Not
that I'm so great with phrasing some days.

He is asking duly elected officals to change succession for him, just
like the last time with Kerry but opposite.

LOL
I didn't know about Kerry but Kennedy has asked the States legislature to
change the law.
They either will or they won't and that isn't anyone else's call.

OTOH, I guess it is fair to say he's trying to get the change made but the
implication that he'd just be able to do more than ask or pressure is
absurd. I think he wants to be sure and have his Senate seat vote between
now and the end of the year and he knows his time is near.
He really ought to have resigned a while ago.

--
John R. Carroll

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 23, 12:34*am, "John R. Carroll" wrote:

LOL
I didn't know about Kerry but Kennedy has asked the States legislature to
change the law.
They either will or they won't and that isn't anyone else's call.

--
John R. Carroll

The LOL part is because he wants the state legislature to change the
law back to how it was before he got them to change it a few years
ago. The last change was to increase the time it took to pick a
replacement. And the reason was so that Romney could not pick Kerry's
replacement if Kerry was elected to President.

This time he wants the replacement to be picked quickly so the
Democrats will have two senators in place when Kennedy dies.

Dan