Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default was the [US] '04 election fair or fixed?

vinny wrote:

What I do know is we have no vote.
We vote, then the "electorial college" after finding out what the american
people want...choose for themselves what the outcome will be.
What we seen on 04 was a difference of opinion between the college and
the common man.

You assume the common man should be picking the President??? The
original intent was for the states to do that. US Senators and the
President were appointed by state legislatures to represent interests of
the _states_. We would do well to move back to that - fast.

The other thing the electoral college does, again with states in mind,
is spread the vote around a bit. Absent the electoral college, Kansas
and other fly-overs would never have a say in the election; the big
cities would rule the roost.

If you argue that naming electors who are not obligated to vote a
certain way is anachronistic, fair enough. I would like to see the
college changed to vote based on individual district results plus two
going to state-wide majority pick - that's if we do not return it where
it belongs: the state houses.

The latter would give the states some representation again and we can
always boot our respective state and US representatives if they get out
of line (I should say, fail to get back in line).

Bill

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 19:14:18 -0500, Bill Schwab
wrote:

vinny wrote:

[...]

Excellent post.

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.