Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Billy Mays is dead

It'd have been just as well if he'd merely quit doing TV ads.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John Husvar wrote:

It'd have been just as well if he'd merely quit doing TV ads.

They said he had just returned to his home in Tampa, after shooting
another batch of his obnoxious commercials. Local news reported that
some luggage fell on his head, from an overhead compartment during a
rough landing at the Tampa International Airport

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:45:26 -0400, the infamous John Husvar
scrawled the following:

It'd have been just as well if he'd merely quit doing TV ads.

In any case, his karma caught up with him. That's fitting, oui?

--
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass;
it's about learning how to dance in the rain.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 29, 8:45*am, John Husvar wrote:
It'd have been just as well if he'd merely quit doing TV ads.

While I am sorry to hear of a death, I will NOT miss any "info"
commercial.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John Husvar" wrote in message
It'd have been just as well if he'd merely quit doing TV ads.

This too is Bush's fault!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Buerste wrote:

"John Husvar" wrote in message
It'd have been just as well if he'd merely quit doing TV ads.

This too is Bush's fault!

yes, both both of them, and cheney.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Buerste" wrote in message

"John Husvar" wrote in message
It'd have been just as well if he'd merely quit doing TV ads.

This too is Bush's fault!

IT'S A CONSPIRACY, I SAY, GODDAMMIT!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I hated his ads as much as anybody, but I did enjoy the "Pitchmen" show.
People bringing in weird **** for them to promote. One guy had spent
$3000 developing a necktie that always stayed in place & had a built in
pocket. On and on.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John Husvar wrote:

It'd have been just as well if he'd merely quit doing TV ads.

An sad thing to happen, now if the ShamWow guy bit it, I might not feel so bad.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

What killed him; excessive yelling?
JR
Dweller in the cellar

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:45:26 -0400, John Husvar
wrote:

It'd have been just as well if he'd merely quit doing TV ads.

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I thought it was a broken vein in the brain - speech slurred after hours
and not talking well. Now it seems like a cop out - but it might
have been a blood clot that was dislodged in the heavy slam on the plane.

Sounded like the pilot put the nose wheels down first! Both blew.
I'd suspect the altimeter in the plane or the radar glide path....

Normally, the heavy center mounted wheels take the impact, and most of
the time, a kiss then slowing down by air brakes dropping the nose.

Martin

It'd have been just as well if he'd merely quit doing TV ads.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SNIP

Sounded like the pilot put the nose wheels down first! Both blew.
I'd suspect the altimeter in the plane or the radar glide path....

Normally, the heavy center mounted wheels take the impact, and most of
the time, a kiss then slowing down by air brakes dropping the nose.

Glide path (glide slope) is not "radar". but point taken.

"Nose wheel" touching first can lead to "wheel-barrowing", often
causing a rapid and erratic "turn" to the left or right, and there is
little control until the mains hit. Precession can cause heavy
stowage in the overheads to force the compartment(s) open and
discharge the contents.

As an aside, the only "go-around" I experienced was many moons ago at
Tampa. Service vehicle got too close to the runway, or so we were
told later.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Brian Lawson fired this volley in
:

SNIP

[...]

It's hard to see how he could've put the nosewheels down first in that
sort of aircraft, in landing configuration. With the flaps extended,
and at the speed they come over the fence, the angle of attack has to
be fairly high. That automatically puts the mains on the deck first,
unless he just deliberately nosed down before contact (that just ain't
likely, even with a student pilot).

However, the pilot might have pushed the yoke forward right after the
mains were down. That would impose higher forces on the nose gear
than it's designed to take. The other possibility is that he engaged
the thrust reversers before the nosewheel came down. Same outcome.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Billy Mays is dead

. 3.70...
Brian Lawson fired this volley in
:

It's hard to see how he could've put the nosewheels down first in that
sort of aircraft, in landing configuration. With the flaps extended,
and at the speed they come over the fence, the angle of attack has to
be fairly high. That automatically puts the mains on the deck first,
unless he just deliberately nosed down before contact (that just ain't
likely, even with a student pilot).

However, the pilot might have pushed the yoke forward right after the
mains were down. That would impose higher forces on the nose gear
than it's designed to take. The other possibility is that he engaged
the thrust reversers before the nosewheel came down. Same outcome.

LLoyd

like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN-Zt9n1pYY

(in this day and age i wonder if the video is real)(looks real though)

b.w.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

It's hard to see how he could've put the nosewheels down first in that
sort of aircraft, in landing configuration. With the flaps extended,
and at the speed they come over the fence, the angle of attack has to
be fairly high. That automatically puts the mains on the deck first,
unless he just deliberately nosed down before contact (that just ain't
likely, even with a student pilot).

I'm assuming this was a jet. Commercial passenger aircraft is likely a bit different but
the Phantoms (F4's) had an angle of attack indexer that told the pilot the angle. It was
a fairly important instrument when landing.

http://books.google.com/books?id=oeJ...esult&resnum=1

http://tinyurl.com/mat296

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"William Wixon" fired this volley in
:

like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN-Zt9n1pYY

Yeah, well... brakes can do it too, but only if you _really_ plant the
mains hard.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I still have my Radar book on the Christmas tree it produces
for the glide path. The idea is to fly down the trunk and
don't let either wing dip or rise through branches. Once on
the correct set - a perfect landing in the sweet spot. The
others were shorter or longer on the runway.

So it depends on the airport or the service ability of the plane.

The shortest runway I landed on was the .7 that is 7/10 mile long.
The longest was at DFW.

Martin

Brian Lawson wrote:
SNIP
Sounded like the pilot put the nose wheels down first! Both blew.
I'd suspect the altimeter in the plane or the radar glide path....

Normally, the heavy center mounted wheels take the impact, and most of
the time, a kiss then slowing down by air brakes dropping the nose.

Glide path (glide slope) is not "radar". but point taken.

"Nose wheel" touching first can lead to "wheel-barrowing", often
causing a rapid and erratic "turn" to the left or right, and there is
little control until the mains hit. Precession can cause heavy
stowage in the overheads to force the compartment(s) open and
discharge the contents.

As an aside, the only "go-around" I experienced was many moons ago at
Tampa. Service vehicle got too close to the runway, or so we were
told later.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

If all goes to the book. But a bump on the stick or
the flaps are set to the wrong temperature setting or
that xxx cargo shifted in the lower bay...

Martin

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
I still have my Radar book on the Christmas tree it produces
for the glide path. The idea is to fly down the trunk and
don't let either wing dip or rise through branches. Once on
the correct set - a perfect landing in the sweet spot. The
others were shorter or longer on the runway.

So it depends on the airport or the service ability of the plane.

The shortest runway I landed on was the .7 that is 7/10 mile long.
The longest was at DFW.

Martin

Brian Lawson wrote:
SNIP
Sounded like the pilot put the nose wheels down first! Both blew.
I'd suspect the altimeter in the plane or the radar glide path....

Normally, the heavy center mounted wheels take the impact, and most of
the time, a kiss then slowing down by air brakes dropping the nose.

Glide path (glide slope) is not "radar". but point taken.

"Nose wheel" touching first can lead to "wheel-barrowing", often
causing a rapid and erratic "turn" to the left or right, and there is
little control until the mains hit. Precession can cause heavy
stowage in the overheads to force the compartment(s) open and
discharge the contents.

As an aside, the only "go-around" I experienced was many moons ago at
Tampa. Service vehicle got too close to the runway, or so we were
told later.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

I never saw a radar glide slope. And I was an ILS tech in the Air Force.
One side of the antenna broadcast at one frequency and the other side at
another frequency. Same for the elevation slope. The beat frequency and
strength the plane got from the signals told you where you were in the
slope. High or low or right or left. Marker beacons told you the distance.

RIP: Billy Mays Zz Yzx Woodworking 10 July 6th 09 06:08 AM
Billy Mays Dead Red Green Home Repair 36 June 30th 09 03:02 AM
RIP: Billy Mays Zz Yzx Home Repair 3 June 29th 09 02:51 AM
Billy Mays TV Filter Needed [email protected] Electronics Repair 17 March 29th 08 08:37 PM
Problems attaching Ikea Billy Nickelby doors to Billy bookcase Moo Home Ownership 1 May 18th 07 05:34 PM