Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Billy Mays Dead

Yep, seems to be true!!

Let's hear some suggestions for new products like Mighty Wormer. Keep those
pesky worms out of your rotting cavities.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Let's hear some suggestions for new products like Mighty Wormer. Keep
those
pesky worms out of your rotting cavities.

I can hear him hollering in the coffin as they lower it into the ground

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Red Green wrote:

Yep, seems to be true!!

Let's hear some suggestions for new products like Mighty Wormer. Keep those
pesky worms out of your rotting cavities.

****, there goes my latest marketing plan for my secret gadget. I was
going to try to get it on "Pitchmen."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
Yep, seems to be true!!

Let's hear some suggestions for new products like Mighty Wormer. Keep those
pesky worms out of your rotting cavities.

New product: "Mighty Mourner" The solar powered automatic
mourner that conveniently clamps to any headstone.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
Yep, seems to be true!!

Let's hear some suggestions for new products like Mighty Wormer. Keep
those pesky worms out of your rotting cavities.

New product: "Mighty Mourner" The solar powered automatic
mourner that conveniently clamps to any headstone.

TDD

Mighty Mourner! Love it. That did get an audible chuckle.

The solar aspect should get the approval of the granola heads. Pricing?
19.95 or x-EASY payments of 19.99?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 09:55:06 -0700, "Rudy"
wrote:

I can hear him hollering in the coffin as they lower it into the ground

I can hear the guy selling fold-up "Mighty Pearly Gates".

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
Yep, seems to be true!!

Let's hear some suggestions for new products like Mighty Wormer. Keep those
pesky worms out of your rotting cavities.

Let's all stand for a minute and yell at our TV's
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red Green" wrote in message
Yep, seems to be true!!

Let's hear some suggestions for new products like Mighty Wormer. Keep
those
pesky worms out of your rotting cavities.

His plane had a very rough landing the afternoon before, resulting in
overhead luggage or some other object to konk him on the head.

Probably intra-cranial pressure from the blow to the head.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
Red Green wrote:
Yep, seems to be true!!

Let's hear some suggestions for new products like Mighty Wormer. Keep
those pesky worms out of your rotting cavities.

Let's all stand for a minute and yell at our TV's

I didn't stand up, but I just yelled at him a couple of hours ago.
Undoubtedly, he busted a blood vessel from YELLING so darn much )
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 28, 11:55*am, "Rudy" wrote:
Let's hear some suggestions for new products like Mighty Wormer. Keep
those
pesky worms out of your rotting cavities.

I can hear him hollering in the coffin as they lower it into the ground

Yes...but can he do the Moon Walk ?!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
Yep, seems to be true!!

Let's hear some suggestions for new products like Mighty Wormer.
Keep those pesky worms out of your rotting cavities.

New product: "Mighty Mourner" The solar powered automatic
mourner that conveniently clamps to any headstone.

TDD

Mighty Mourner! Love it. That did get an audible chuckle.

The solar aspect should get the approval of the granola heads.
Pricing?
19.95 or x-EASY payments of 19.99?

Which brings up a question: Are we still going to be seeing the commercials
featuring Billy Mays on the tele?

I for one hope we do.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Let's hear some suggestions for new products like Mighty Wormer. Keep
those
pesky worms out of your rotting cavities.

I can hear him hollering in the coffin as they lower it into the ground

"Wait!... There's MORE!!!"

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jon Danniken wrote:
Red Green wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
Yep, seems to be true!!

Let's hear some suggestions for new products like Mighty Wormer.
Keep those pesky worms out of your rotting cavities.

New product: "Mighty Mourner" The solar powered automatic
mourner that conveniently clamps to any headstone.

TDD

Mighty Mourner! Love it. That did get an audible chuckle.

The solar aspect should get the approval of the granola heads.
Pricing?
19.95 or x-EASY payments of 19.99?

Which brings up a question: Are we still going to be seeing the commercials
featuring Billy Mays on the tele?

I for one hope we do.

Jon

The companies will show his commercials unless it turns out he had
illegal drugs in his system or something odd about his death that would
put him in a bad light. His wife needs the money and people will buy the
products he advertises in sympathy for his death. His wife and the
companies will be well off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
Yep, seems to be true!!

Let's hear some suggestions for new products like Mighty Wormer.
Keep those pesky worms out of your rotting cavities.

New product: "Mighty Mourner" The solar powered automatic
mourner that conveniently clamps to any headstone.

TDD

Mighty Mourner! Love it. That did get an audible chuckle.

The solar aspect should get the approval of the granola heads.
Pricing?
19.95 or x-EASY payments of 19.99?

Which brings up a question: Are we still going to be seeing the
commercials featuring Billy Mays on the tele?

I for one hope we do.

Jon

I just saw one on ABC-TV,during America's Funniest Videos.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Hipupchuck" wrote in message
Did anybody really ever buy that crap he pushed?

Most of what he sells works as advertised. The Oxy Clean works better than
anything my wife has ever tried in the laundry. Our grandson asked her to
try washing a white hoodie he wears when riding his dirt bike and the Oxy
got it as clean as new for the first time. A lady in work just bought the
What Odor and says it works too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 28, 5:57*pm, Hipupchuck wrote:
Red Green wrote:
Yep, seems to be true!!

Let's hear some suggestions for new products like Mighty Wormer. Keep those
pesky worms out of your rotting cavities.

Get your Mighty Head Stone. Kids can't tip it over. Withstands hammer
blows and kicks.

Did anybody really ever buy that crap he pushed?

The Orange Cleaner really does work fine. Excellent product.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
Yep, seems to be true!!

Let's hear some suggestions for new products like Mighty Wormer. Keep those
pesky worms out of your rotting cavities.

Get your Mighty Head Stone. Kids can't tip it over. Withstands hammer
blows and kicks.

Did anybody really ever buy that crap he pushed?

The Orange Cleaner really does work fine. *Excellent product.

I'd rather see him than Ron Popeil !
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hipupchuck wrote:

Did anybody really ever buy that crap he pushed?

I'm sure they did because he hawked products that were pretty good and which
sold at a reasonable price.

Everyone seems to be down on him because he was loud. You may not have
noticed but *LOTS* of TV commercials are loud.

Mays was very good at what he did and he did it with style and enthusiasm.
Additionally, he provided a venue for aspiring inventors...some place they
could actually market their idea/creation. I admired him for both..

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dadiOH" wrote in
:

Hipupchuck wrote:

Did anybody really ever buy that crap he pushed?

I'm sure they did because he hawked products that were pretty good and
which sold at a reasonable price.

Everyone seems to be down on him because he was loud. You may not
have noticed but *LOTS* of TV commercials are loud.

Mays was very good at what he did and he did it with style and
enthusiasm. Additionally, he provided a venue for aspiring
inventors...some place they could actually market their idea/creation.
I admired him for both..

Oh I agree. And you left out smart but that's implied by his bottom line.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Red Green wrote:

Oh I agree. And you left out smart but that's implied by his bottom line.

But may be countered by cause of death.

--
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought
of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob Villa wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
Yep, seems to be true!!

Let's hear some suggestions for new products like Mighty Wormer.
Keep

those
pesky worms out of your rotting cavities.

Get your Mighty Head Stone. Kids can't tip it over. Withstands
hammer blows and kicks.

Did anybody really ever buy that crap he pushed?

The Orange Cleaner really does work fine. *Excellent product.

I'd rather see him than Ron Popeil !

Here's one you can print and frame.
http://www.getback.com/gallery/it-sl...ices/2986934/6

Also at that link is a vid that will go in the historic classic archives.
"I've fallen, and I can't get up!"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kurt Ullman wrote in
:

In article ,
Red Green wrote:

Oh I agree. And you left out smart but that's implied by his bottom
line.

But may be countered by cause of death.

the news is saying he got hit in the head while flying commercial air,a
"rough landing" where overhead stowed baggage came out and flew around the
cabin.

He apparently didn't think anything of it at the time,but later felt
ill,before dying.
It must have been a pretty hard whack to cause an epidural hemorrhage.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

"dadiOH" wrote in message
Hipupchuck wrote:

Did anybody really ever buy that crap he pushed?

I'm sure they did because he hawked products that were pretty good and
which
sold at a reasonable price.

Everyone seems to be down on him because he was loud. You may not have
noticed but *LOTS* of TV commercials are loud.

Mays was very good at what he did and he did it with style and
enthusiasm. Additionally, he provided a venue for aspiring
inventors...some place they could actually market their idea/creation. I
admired him for both..

--

dadiOH

I just want to know how much time and money he spent keeping every hair
BLACK BLACK BLACK.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"SteveB" wrote:

I just want to know how much time and money he spent keeping every hair
BLACK BLACK BLACK.

Steve

I hope not a lot, since it always looked like he took black shoe
polish to hair and beard.

--
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought
of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.
Jimmy Buffett

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Yanik wrote:
Kurt Ullman wrote in
:

In article ,
Red Green wrote:

Oh I agree. And you left out smart but that's implied by his bottom
line.

But may be countered by cause of death.

the news is saying he got hit in the head while flying commercial air,a
"rough landing" where overhead stowed baggage came out and flew around the
cabin.

He apparently didn't think anything of it at the time,but later felt
ill,before dying.
It must have been a pretty hard whack to cause an epidural hemorrhage.

Latest news is he had heart disease and did not know it.

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed wrote:

"Hipupchuck" wrote in message
Did anybody really ever buy that crap he pushed?

Most of what he sells works as advertised. The Oxy Clean works better
than anything my wife has ever tried in the laundry. Our grandson
asked her to try washing a white hoodie he wears when riding his dirt
bike and the Oxy got it as clean as new for the first time. A lady
in work just bought the What Odor and says it works too.

Some of the products he pitched have produced a lot of consumer complaints,
Orange Glow and the Awesome Auger being two examples that come to mind.
Aside from the products not working properly there are complaints about
warranties not being honored, misleading advertising and unauthorized
charges on credit cards. There's always somebody willing to complain about
any product, but at some point the number of similar complaints add up.
Like they say, where there is smoke there is maybe some combustion going on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 13:42:03 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

I just want to know how much time and money he spent keeping every hair
BLACK BLACK BLACK.

I don't know, but when I see a person without a hair out of place I
git really suspicious.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I just want to know how much time and money he spent keeping every
hair BLACK BLACK BLACK.

I don't know, but when I see a person without a hair out of place I
git really suspicious.

Not unusual. He (or one of his colleagues) used to sell spray-on hair.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I just want to know how much time and money he spent keeping every
hair BLACK BLACK BLACK.

I don't know, but when I see a person without a hair out of place I
git really suspicious.

Not unusual. He (or one of his colleagues) used to sell spray-on hair.

The guy could have as easily been blond.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" wrote in
:

"dadiOH" wrote in message
Hipupchuck wrote:

Did anybody really ever buy that crap he pushed?

I'm sure they did because he hawked products that were pretty good
and which
sold at a reasonable price.

Everyone seems to be down on him because he was loud. You may not
have noticed but *LOTS* of TV commercials are loud.

Mays was very good at what he did and he did it with style and
enthusiasm. Additionally, he provided a venue for aspiring
inventors...some place they could actually market their
idea/creation. I admired him for both..

--

dadiOH

I just want to know how much time and money he spent keeping every
hair BLACK BLACK BLACK.

Steve

who cares? It's HIS time and money.He earned it.

I'm just jealous he had a full head of hair.
I just took the big leap and shaved off what was left of mine.
Now I'm aerodynamic,streamlined. ;-)

Downside;while out riding my bicycle on my daily exercise loop,I got
stopped by police as a suspect in a local bank robbery,Saturday around
noon,couple of weeks ago. ;-(

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" wrote in
:

"dadiOH" wrote in message
Hipupchuck wrote:

Did anybody really ever buy that crap he pushed?

I'm sure they did because he hawked products that were pretty good
and which
sold at a reasonable price.

Everyone seems to be down on him because he was loud. You may not
have noticed but *LOTS* of TV commercials are loud.

Mays was very good at what he did and he did it with style and
enthusiasm. Additionally, he provided a venue for aspiring
inventors...some place they could actually market their
idea/creation. I admired him for both..

--

dadiOH

I just want to know how much time and money he spent keeping every
hair BLACK BLACK BLACK.

Steve

Steve boy that popped a memory bubble!

Many years ago there was a pitch on TV for male hair
color/restorer/grower/thickener [I think they sold it as a rust inhibitor
too on other pitches]. They showed a guy a good part bald with very thin
hair. A can of spray on his scalp they put and, on TV, it looked like
"magic". Looking at it repeatedly you could see they basically spray
painted his hair & scalp. Must have looked ridiculous when you actually
saw someone who tried it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in
:

"dadiOH" wrote in message
Hipupchuck wrote:

[...]

That promotion was wonderful. It really made me chuckle.I have a significant
reflection issue from the top of my pate but I don't let it bother me. I
might if I spent hours watching such daft commercials as do many of the
other half who come from a different planet!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Yanik wrote:

who cares? It's HIS time and money.He earned it.

I'm just jealous he had a full head of hair.
I just took the big leap and shaved off what was left of mine.
Now I'm aerodynamic,streamlined. ;-)

Downside;while out riding my bicycle on my daily exercise loop,I got
stopped by police as a suspect in a local bank robbery,Saturday around
noon,couple of weeks ago. ;-(

Did you scream: "You'll never take me alive, John Law," and pedal off as
fast as you could?

Pulling the cop's chain can be very entertaining. My best one was the
following:

Cop: "I can give you a lift to the gas station, but before you get in the
car, I have to ask: Are you carrying any weapons?"
Me: "Yes, I have a five-shot revolver in my back pocket."
Cop: (taking a step backward) "You're kidding! Right?"
Me: "No, but on second thought, I think I'll walk to the gas station."

Much hilarity ensued.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Red Green wrote:

Yep, seems to be true!!

Let's hear some suggestions for new products like Mighty Wormer. Keep those
pesky worms out of your rotting cavities.

Ghastly hand blasts through the dirt near the headstone, holding a spray
can. "But wait, I'm STILL not done. Order Coffin-Fresh NOW, in the next
ten minutes, and I'll send you TWO cans. That's right! But one, GET ONE
FREE!!! Never put up with a smelly coffin again!"

RIP: Billy Mays Zz Yzx Woodworking 10 July 6th 09 06:08 AM
RIP: Billy Mays Zz Yzx Home Repair 3 June 29th 09 02:51 AM
Billy Mays TV Filter Needed [email protected] Electronics Repair 17 March 29th 08 08:37 PM
Problems attaching Ikea Billy Nickelby doors to Billy bookcase Moo Home Ownership 1 May 18th 07 05:34 PM
Paging Billy K JWho Metalworking 0 November 8th 05 05:22 PM