Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default Billy Mays is dead

SNIP

Sounded like the pilot put the nose wheels down first! Both blew.
I'd suspect the altimeter in the plane or the radar glide path....

Normally, the heavy center mounted wheels take the impact, and most of
the time, a kiss then slowing down by air brakes dropping the nose.

Glide path (glide slope) is not "radar". but point taken.

"Nose wheel" touching first can lead to "wheel-barrowing", often
causing a rapid and erratic "turn" to the left or right, and there is
little control until the mains hit. Precession can cause heavy
stowage in the overheads to force the compartment(s) open and
discharge the contents.

As an aside, the only "go-around" I experienced was many moons ago at
Tampa. Service vehicle got too close to the runway, or so we were
told later.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.