Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Little Giant coolant pump question

I have a Little Giant coolant pump that is rated 3A 110v. This is a
centrifugal pump with a separate motor compartment and separate
impeller compartment. This pump spent about a month in the back of my
truck before I started looking at it. The motor compartment, which has
a seal around its cover, was filled with fluid that looked like a
mixture of oil with water.

My question is, are these compartments supposed to be empty, or filled
with oil, for lubrication and motor cooling purposes?

I found that the pump runs (it had something minor out of order, such as
loose setscrew that holds the impeller on the shaft), and I would like
to try to run it for a couple of hours, but I am not sure what do I
need to do with this motor compartment, is it supposed to be dry or
not.

I have a use for this pump in mind, so it would be great if I could
use it.

Thanks

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 18:10:27 -0500, Ignoramus21287
wrote:

[...]

Try http://www.lgpc.com/

(your computer is your friend :-)
Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-06-21, Bruce In Bangkok wrote:
Try http://www.lgpc.com/

Bruce, thanks. I looked at the website. It is fairly clear to me that
this is an "oil filled submersible pump", so I will fill it with some
hydraulic oil leftovers that I have.