DanG

Default Can a Little Giant pool cover pump (power cord) be repaired?

I just took one completely apart. Someone had cut the cord off
because the impeller was jammed. Motor worked fine. I couldn't
see any way to replace the cord and maintain submersible - I
tossed mine.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Peabody" wrote in message
I have a Little Giant pool cover pump, model 5-MSP, that's
probably
25 years old. The pump works fine, but the power cord has
finally
bit the dust up next to the pump.

Is it possible to replace the power cord and have the pump still
be
submersible? It would be a shame to throw this away just
because
the power cord is broken.

Colbyt

"Peabody" wrote in message
When you took it apart, did you find it filled with
"dielectric oil for motor heat transfer and lifetime
lubrication of the bearings"?

The Little Giants definitely have oil in them. I quit using them for that
reason.

The mag style pumps are far cheaper to operate and have no oil to harm pond
or plants. And except for a couple of easy to replace parts seem to last
forever.

Colbyt

Bob G.

On Sun, 15 May 2005 09:15:43 -0400, "Colbyt"
wrote:

lubrication of the bearings"?

The Little Giants definitely have oil in them. I quit using them for that
reason.

The mag style pumps are far cheaper to operate and have no oil to harm pond
or plants. And except for a couple of easy to replace parts seem to last
forever.

Colbyt

===============
Boy I have to agree wiith you ...The Mag pumps do last for what seems
like years... and when they do fail (usually the impeller gets loose
in my case) the replacement parts are cheap and just drop in..repain
is a 3 minute job ...

Never was concerned with oil the fish are plentiful in both my ponds
and it seems we are always giving away excess plants...

There will never be another Little Giant pump areound my home ever ...

Bob Griffiths

Water Pump / Pressure Tank Problem !!!!!! James Nipper Home Ownership 6 June 28th 04 02:13 AM
testing ATX power supply tempus fugit Electronics Repair 12 January 13th 04 05:03 PM
Swimming Pool Pump Tom Bahama Home Repair 11 September 6th 03 08:35 AM
Inground Pool cover AG Home Repair 0 July 30th 03 02:11 AM
Backup Sump Pump Horror Story Harvey Krodin Home Repair 10 June 27th 03 02:59 PM