Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Who is going to Names this year?

Just wondering.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 17:27:52 -0400, Wes wrote:

Just wondering.

Wes

I will be there with the guys from the New England Model Engineering
Society. Look for our sign and banners and stop by and say HI.

Errol Groff
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'll be there.

Bob Swinney
"Wes" wrote in message ...
Just wondering.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Brian Lawson wrote:

Hey Wes,

I'll be there of course. Have me paged so we can have a coffee.

I'd love to say hi.

Anybody interested if I post the 2009 Seminars line-up here?

Absolutely, I'm staying both days this year. First year I was eyes agog looking at the
displays, last year, I did one day of checking the displays and catching the seminars with
a trip home that night. Seminars are going to be a big part of my interest this year.

The EMC2 crew is going to be there. I'm really looking forward to that.

Will Mr Ginger be there again this year? I think that is the gent that put on the diy cnc
seminar. I'd like to catch it again.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 18:32:24 -0400, Wes wrote:

Will Mr Ginger be there again this year? I think that is the gent that put on the diy cnc
seminar. I'd like to catch it again.

Wes

For sure Ron Ginger will be there but I don't know if he is scheduled
to give a talk.

Errol Groff

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
Just wondering.

Wes

I'll be there with my minimill and EMC.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 21:08:57 -0400, Errol Groff
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 18:32:24 -0400, Wes wrote:

Will Mr Ginger be there again this year? I think that is the gent that put on the diy cnc
seminar. I'd like to catch it again.

Wes

For sure Ron Ginger will be there but I don't know if he is scheduled
to give a talk.

Errol Groff

Hey Wes and Errol,

Yep!! Ron Ginger has kindly obliged us to do one Seminar at noon on
Saturday.

I'm not too sure how this will look as an email, and if anyone can't
"read it" please send me an email and I'll send it direct to you as a
Word.doc, but here's the list:

March 31, 2009 NAMES 20th Annual Seminar Schedule

Time TOPIC Presenter

SATURDAY
10:00AM "TIPS FOR BEGINNERS" by Clif Roemmich

10:00AM "STIRLING ENGINES" by Bert deKat (Principles of engines
run by EXTERNAL heat)

10:00AM "GET KIDS IN THE HOBBY" by Chip Greene

11:00AM "BUILD A BACKYARD FOUNDRY" by Rick Chownyk (A simple foundry
furnace)
12:00PM "ALUMINUM CASTING" by Rick Chownyk
(Patterns and molds and pouring)

12:00PM "ADVENTURES IN HOMESHOP CNC" by Ron Ginger

12:00PM "SILVER SOLDERING & FABRICATING SMALL PARTS" by Jerry
Kieffer

2:00PM "STATIONARY STEAM (used in) POWER HOUSES" by Brad Smith
2:00PM "A DECADE of EVIC ENGINE DEVELOPMENT" by Dave Bowes
(Computer chip control of a gasoline engine by valves alone. No
carburettor!!)

2:00PM "TRY THIS" by Phil Shannon (Tips for specific tasks, and
a good Q&A)

4:00PM "ROTARY PHASE CONVERTORS" by Bob Swinney (Get "commercial"
3 phase power in the home shop from standard household wiring)
4:00PM "ART TO PART" by John Barlage (from concept to design to a
finished part)

4:00PM "WORKING WITH SMALL CASTINGS AND PARTS" by Ron Grimes
(some VERY samll)

SUNDAY
10:00AM "3D DESIGN CAD FOR THE MODEL ENGINEER" by Mike Rehmus

10:00AM "ORGANIZATIONAL TIPS FOR THE SMALL SHOP" by Peter Renzetti

10:00AM "EDM......STILL MAGIC " Mark Toth & Reg Miller (Cutting
Metal with Electricity)

1:00PM "RUBBER AND INVESTMENT CASTING" by Louis Chenot (Lou is
this years "model")

Take care,

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 23:58:18 -0500, the infamous Jon Elson
scrawled the following:

Wes wrote:
Just wondering.

Wes

I'll be there with my minimill and EMC.

Will the EMC be squared, Jon?

--
You can't do anything about the length of your life,
but you _can_ do something about its width and depth.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
Just wondering.

Wes

I'll be there with my minimill and EMC.

Will the EMC be squared, Jon?

Oh, well, now.....

EMC2 could be just a plain two, or it COULD be EMC^2, I don't know. We
will have the largest EMC contingent since a few years back, when there
was a nasty debacle at NAMES, I think that was 2005?

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 07 Apr 2009 15:18:45 -0500, the infamous Jon Elson
scrawled the following:

Wes wrote:
Just wondering.

Wes
I'll be there with my minimill and EMC.

Will the EMC be squared, Jon?

Oh, well, now.....

EMC2 could be just a plain two, or it COULD be EMC^2, I don't know. We
will have the largest EMC contingent since a few years back, when there
was a nasty debacle at NAMES, I think that was 2005?

We had a physics-based incident over on the Wreck once, long ago.
Someone got the hang of ScarySharp(tm) and the blade was so sharp, it
split an atom when he waved it around. Luckily, nobody has made that
mistake again since then.

--
You can't do anything about the length of your life,
but you _can_ do something about its width and depth.
-- Evan Esar
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Elson wrote:

Wes wrote:
Just wondering.

Wes

I'll be there with my minimill and EMC.

Jon

It will be nice to meet you. What machine is your minimill based on?

Wes

NAMES Wes[_2_] Metalworking 4 February 2nd 09 06:37 AM
See you at NAMES??? Brian Lawson Metalworking 3 April 13th 08 07:58 PM
Fly Names Da UK diy 0 January 31st 07 12:21 PM
SOFIANE BAHRI 0021275831620 new year 2007 new year 2007 new year 2007 Sofiane Le King Of Internet UK diy 0 January 1st 07 11:50 AM
OEF: Sgt. Anton Hiett of Mount Airy, a 25-year-old Army reservist who volunteered to go to Afghanistan a medic, leaves behind a wife, Misty, and a 2-year-old daughter, Kyra. Woodworking 0 March 16th 06 11:16 AM