Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default Who is going to Names this year?

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 21:08:57 -0400, Errol Groff
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 18:32:24 -0400, Wes wrote:

Will Mr Ginger be there again this year? I think that is the gent that put on the diy cnc
seminar. I'd like to catch it again.

Wes

For sure Ron Ginger will be there but I don't know if he is scheduled
to give a talk.

Errol Groff

Hey Wes and Errol,

Yep!! Ron Ginger has kindly obliged us to do one Seminar at noon on
Saturday.

I'm not too sure how this will look as an email, and if anyone can't
"read it" please send me an email and I'll send it direct to you as a
Word.doc, but here's the list:

March 31, 2009 NAMES 20th Annual Seminar Schedule

Time TOPIC Presenter

SATURDAY
10:00AM "TIPS FOR BEGINNERS" by Clif Roemmich

10:00AM "STIRLING ENGINES" by Bert deKat (Principles of engines
run by EXTERNAL heat)

10:00AM "GET KIDS IN THE HOBBY" by Chip Greene

11:00AM "BUILD A BACKYARD FOUNDRY" by Rick Chownyk (A simple foundry
furnace)
12:00PM "ALUMINUM CASTING" by Rick Chownyk
(Patterns and molds and pouring)

12:00PM "ADVENTURES IN HOMESHOP CNC" by Ron Ginger

12:00PM "SILVER SOLDERING & FABRICATING SMALL PARTS" by Jerry
Kieffer

2:00PM "STATIONARY STEAM (used in) POWER HOUSES" by Brad Smith
2:00PM "A DECADE of EVIC ENGINE DEVELOPMENT" by Dave Bowes
(Computer chip control of a gasoline engine by valves alone. No
carburettor!!)

2:00PM "TRY THIS" by Phil Shannon (Tips for specific tasks, and
a good Q&A)

4:00PM "ROTARY PHASE CONVERTORS" by Bob Swinney (Get "commercial"
3 phase power in the home shop from standard household wiring)
4:00PM "ART TO PART" by John Barlage (from concept to design to a
finished part)

4:00PM "WORKING WITH SMALL CASTINGS AND PARTS" by Ron Grimes
(some VERY samll)

SUNDAY
10:00AM "3D DESIGN CAD FOR THE MODEL ENGINEER" by Mike Rehmus

10:00AM "ORGANIZATIONAL TIPS FOR THE SMALL SHOP" by Peter Renzetti

10:00AM "EDM......STILL MAGIC " Mark Toth & Reg Miller (Cutting
Metal with Electricity)

1:00PM "RUBBER AND INVESTMENT CASTING" by Louis Chenot (Lou is
this years "model")

Take care,

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.