Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default DYKEM spray can warning!

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:44:42 +0000, the infamous Mark Rand
scrawled the following:

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 22:06:47 -0800, Winston wrote:

Gonna have to borrow a cat somewhere.

--Winston

PING Gunner :-)

The key is to *return* the cat once I have a proper
collection of useful plastic tubs.

Ever try to sell a baseball card back to the place
you purchased it?

Me neither.

Yeah, he gives away "THREE FREE WITH EVERY PURCHASE!", and sometimes
has been known to sneak some pussy into your truck before you leave
his house. Luckily, he didn't put one in mine 'cuz I'm allergic. (to
cats, not pussy, thank Crom)

There is a fire sale on mortgage - backed derivatives, too.

--Winston

--

Welds made for grinding.
Faces made for USENET.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"kfvorwerk" wrote in message
On Feb 27, 3:38 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Mark Rand" wrote in message

news

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:43:46 -0800 (PST), kfvorwerk

wrote:

On Feb 26, 2:03 pm, Ted Frater wrote:

Ah!! A thinking man!!as well as a drinking one!!/.
Yes we do over here, but you can also get packs of 6 cans.
The 4pack happened to be Carlsberg export.

Good choice in beer. Was it the Elephant beer?
Karl

It should be noted that any Carlsberg product is to beer what WD40 is to
LPS3
:-|

Mark Rand
RTFM

Ooh, touchy, touchy. g My recollection of Elephant, as it was sold in
Europe at the time (1968) was that four short cans, about half the size of
regular can, were enough to knock me off my barstool. Nobody told me about
the alcohol content.

--
Ed Huntress

Here in Hawaii they're in 12oz (or metric close) and are very
relaxing. We have a good and friendly shop nearby with a good
selection of imports so in the spirit of friendliness I'm willing to
accept beer suggestions for the further edification of my palate.
Karl

What's the alcohol content of the US version, Karl? IIRC, the European
version in the late '60s was 22%. Thus, falling off my bar stool.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 07:20:04 -0800, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 02:27:24 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

I have 3...Three cases of assorted spray Dykem. All brand new.

Each and every one has no pressure on the cans.

A gift from a very ****ed off client who orders it by the pallet load

You know the options, guy. Either rig up a filling adapter and
stuff in the proper propellant with the spray can upside down, or grab
a church key and have an empty dauber can handy.

Doesn't make the product worthless, just adds a little challenge.

-- Bruce --

Of course. Ive got plastic dauber bottles everywhere...chuckle

I understand that one can charge up spray cans, Ive never tried it.

And why does Kroil always run out of propellent before the can is empty?

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-02-28, Winston wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:44:42 +0000, the infamous Mark Rand
scrawled the following:

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 22:06:47 -0800, Winston wrote:

Gonna have to borrow a cat somewhere.

--Winston

PING Gunner :-)

The key is to *return* the cat once I have a proper
collection of useful plastic tubs.

You know -- you don't *have* to have a cat to find the clumping
litter useful -- depending on where you live. Some of that scattered on
ice improves the traction (automotive or personal foot) significantly.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 00:40:01 +0000, the infamous Mark Rand
scrawled the following:

On 2009-02-28, Winston wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:44:42 +0000, the infamous Mark Rand
scrawled the following:

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 22:06:47 -0800, Winston wrote:

Gonna have to borrow a cat somewhere.

--Winston

PING Gunner :-)

The key is to *return* the cat once I have a proper
collection of useful plastic tubs.

You know -- you don't *have* to have a cat to find the clumping
litter useful -- depending on where you live. Some of that scattered on
ice improves the traction (automotive or personal foot) significantly.

Good Luck,
DoN.

Yabbut, you don't need to use _new_ litter for that ;-)

Oh, yes you do! You carry it around with you until needed. Ick!

--
"Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein
-=-=-

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-02-28, Winston wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:44:42 +0000, the infamous Mark Rand
scrawled the following:

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 22:06:47 -0800, Winston wrote:

Gonna have to borrow a cat somewhere.

[ ... ]

The key is to *return* the cat once I have a proper
collection of useful plastic tubs.

You know -- you don't *have* to have a cat to find the clumping
litter useful -- depending on where you live. Some of that scattered on
ice improves the traction (automotive or personal foot) significantly.

[ ... ]

Yabbut, you don't need to use _new_ litter for that ;-)

If you're driving a hatchback, and you want to carry some along
with you for ice away from home, you probably *do* want it to be new.

You *could* drive with the windows down -- but if it is the time
of year when icing is likely, you probably won't want to. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-02-28, Winston wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:44:42 +0000, the infamous Mark Rand
scrawled the following:

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 22:06:47 -0800, Winston wrote:

Gonna have to borrow a cat somewhere.

--Winston
PING Gunner :-)

The key is to *return* the cat once I have a proper
collection of useful plastic tubs.

You know -- you don't *have* to have a cat to find the clumping
litter useful -- depending on where you live. Some of that scattered on
ice improves the traction (automotive or personal foot) significantly.

Good Luck,
DoN.

That stuff sounds very useful, even without a cat!

--Winston

--

Welds made for grinding.
Faces made for USENET.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-02-28, Winston wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:44:42 +0000, the infamous Mark Rand
scrawled the following:

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 22:06:47 -0800, Winston wrote:

Gonna have to borrow a cat somewhere.

--Winston
PING Gunner :-)
The key is to *return* the cat once I have a proper
collection of useful plastic tubs.

You know -- you don't *have* to have a cat to find the clumping
litter useful -- depending on where you live. Some of that scattered on
ice improves the traction (automotive or personal foot) significantly.

Good Luck,
DoN.

Yabbut, you don't need to use _new_ litter for that ;-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

Ewww.

--Winston

--

Welds made for grinding.
Faces made for USENET.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

A friend and I had a couple tonight. It was around 7.2%. The strongest
beer I've seen was 8.2%. It may be some law in the US.
Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Yeah. Unless they've changed things recently, it's state regulations.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
I understand that one can charge up spray cans, Ive never tried it.

I made an adapter to recharge my paint rattle cans:
http://home.comcast.net/~bobengelhar...anAdapter2.jpg

It screws into the valve of a propane torch. I.e., in place of the
tube. In use, I wear rubber gloves and wrap the can in a rag - there
will be leakage.

There are two types of valves on pressurized cans - inies & outies.
This is for inies & might not work on the Dykem cans.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Brian Lawson wrote:

Hey Wes,

No doubt, his 4-pack is quarts, or maybe litres. "Bout the same as 12
tins, and probably real beer, and not that US sissy ****.

Having consumed a few Guinness which damn near needs a knife and fork to consume, I would
say if that is a reference standard, our beer is sissy by your standards.

I like to drink my beer, not chew it

Pour it through a paper shreader, first? ;-)

--
And another motherboard bites the dust!

* * * WARNING * * * [email protected] Home Repair 0 November 17th 07 06:57 AM
A warning Roger Shoaf Woodworking 3 January 5th 07 03:05 AM
Will a Critter spray gun work to spray dye-based stain? [email protected] Woodworking 2 April 23rd 06 11:57 AM
Dykem... Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 22 August 4th 05 03:43 AM
Spilled Dykem Cleanup LP Metalworking 24 June 28th 05 08:04 AM