Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Radio Control Varmint Control

I have ran across what they call First Person View (FPV) of radio control
models. The basic idea is that people operate radio control models using a
camera on the model and video goggles. Some use a sensor on the video
goggles and servos on the camera, when the operator moves their head, the
camera moves. That way you can operate a RC car, boat, submarine, tank,
plane, or helicopter and look around by turning and tilting your head.

They also have camera switches that operate from RC that allow you to switch
between 2 cameras. In my application, it would be nice to switch between an
operator camera and a scope camera. It would also be nice if instead of
just moving the camera, I could rig up servos to move a gun turret with view
cam and scope cam. This might allow varmint drive by shootings :-)

This place has info and videos.
http://www.fpvvideo.com/

Before long I'm hoping to order the camera, transmitter, and receiver.
Later on I might get video goggles. On my dual stick transmitters I think I
can throttle and steer with one stick and point with the other stick.

I bought a wireless network camera and have spotted 2 skunks stealing cat
food with it in 2 days. It seems that every time I try to look at the
network camera, it has to be reset. I'm not sure if it's a signal problem
or something else. I'll try relocating my repeater and see if that helps.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Why don't you rig one of the gophers with the camera, and put a little
suicide vest on him? Then you can watch him go down the hole, or to show up
for a gopher hoe-down, and blow up a whole pack of the little suckers at
once.

If you rig him with a receiver and a speaker, you can even shout "Allah
akbar!" just before you push the button.

You could make kits for the things and sell them through ebay. These should
sell big in flyover country.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

Why don't you rig one of the gophers with the camera, and put a little
suicide vest on him? Then you can watch him go down the hole, or to show up
for a gopher hoe-down, and blow up a whole pack of the little suckers at
once.

If you rig him with a receiver and a speaker, you can even shout "Allah
akbar!" just before you push the button.

You could make kits for the things and sell them through ebay. These should
sell big in flyover country.

Nah, propane down the hole is more fun!

David