Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Radio Control Varmint Control

I have ran across what they call First Person View (FPV) of radio control
models. The basic idea is that people operate radio control models using a
camera on the model and video goggles. Some use a sensor on the video
goggles and servos on the camera, when the operator moves their head, the
camera moves. That way you can operate a RC car, boat, submarine, tank,
plane, or helicopter and look around by turning and tilting your head.

They also have camera switches that operate from RC that allow you to switch
between 2 cameras. In my application, it would be nice to switch between an
operator camera and a scope camera. It would also be nice if instead of
just moving the camera, I could rig up servos to move a gun turret with view
cam and scope cam. This might allow varmint drive by shootings :-)

This place has info and videos.
http://www.fpvvideo.com/

Before long I'm hoping to order the camera, transmitter, and receiver.
Later on I might get video goggles. On my dual stick transmitters I think I
can throttle and steer with one stick and point with the other stick.

I bought a wireless network camera and have spotted 2 skunks stealing cat
food with it in 2 days. It seems that every time I try to look at the
network camera, it has to be reset. I'm not sure if it's a signal problem
or something else. I'll try relocating my repeater and see if that helps.

RogerN