Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Was FAQ's-Now metalworking question

I have done some searching without success.
Is there a standard TPI for the scroll plate of a chuck?

--
Peace
Milo

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Milo wrote:
I have done some searching without success.
Is there a standard TPI for the scroll plate of a chuck?

Hi Milo !
The five inch on my Logan looks to be about a quarter inch pitch .
New toy ?
--
Snag
every answer

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
Milo wrote:
I have done some searching without success.
Is there a standard TPI for the scroll plate of a chuck?

Hi Milo !
The five inch on my Logan looks to be about a quarter inch pitch .
New toy ?
--
Snag
every answer
leads to another
question

One could say that.
Peace
Milo
http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee67/mholroyd/
check it out

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Milo" milo@oil filter.hughes.net wrote:

I have done some searching without success.
Is there a standard TPI for the scroll plate of a chuck?

I doubt it. Why the question?
--
Reply to:
Whiskey Echo Sierra Sierra AT Alpha Charlie Echo Golf Romeo Oscar Paul dot Charlie Charlie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Milo" milo@oil filter.hughes.net wrote:

I have done some searching without success.
Is there a standard TPI for the scroll plate of a chuck?

I doubt it. Why the question?

I was looking at an old beat up lathe chuck.
Thought maybe I might try to restore it.
Or not.

Peace
Milo
http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee67/mholroyd/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 19:56:30 -0500, "Milo" milo@oil
filter.hughes.net wrote:

I have done some searching without success.
Is there a standard TPI for the scroll plate of a chuck?

I don't think so, it is pretty much up to the individual manufacturer.

Can't tell from your picture, but if you can find the manufacturer
name on the chuck, you may be able to find a replacement (if that is
your goal). If the chuck is a Bison, we can help with parts.

| Scott Logan - ssl "at" lathe.com |
| Logan Actuator Co. http://www.lathe.com |
| Harvard, IL |
|++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++|
| Parts and Accessories for Logan Lathes and |
| Montgomery Wards Lathes |
| Logan-Lilly Mine Hoist Safety Controllers |
"Measure Twice, Cut Once"

RCM FAQ - http://w3.uwyo.edu/~metal
Metal Web News - http://www.metalwebnews.com/
Help squash SPAM: http://www.cauce.org/

FAQ's Milo Metalworking 8 February 14th 09 03:39 PM
Metalworking question - Did I get screwed? * Metalworking 17 April 18th 08 09:02 PM
a real metalworking question - what is wrong William Noble Metalworking 12 October 29th 07 05:28 AM
any good FAQ's for crawlspaces ? les Home Repair 6 April 13th 06 01:38 PM
Can't see faq's - Part P Mogweed UK diy 3 December 30th 04 07:47 PM